Tried remote play for the first time last night...

#1paramite12Posted 2/20/2014 6:49:55 PM
I don't currently own a ps4, but I do own a vita. My brother in law has a ps4 so when I came to visit I decided to bring my vita and see about trying remote play out. I heard it was pretty good especially compared to the ps3 which I thought was practically unplayable.
The first thing I noticed was that it will not let you remote play if you aren't logged into the same account on the vita as well as the ps4, it was a minor inconvenience but not too big of a deal. The next thing I noticed was how freaking awesome it was. I was totally blown away by how good it looked and how little lag there was. I was playing kill zone shadow fall. I had no problem shooting and running around. The controls worked great. Although it runs at a lower frame rate, there didn't seem to be any compression artifacts at all and the lag was almost completely unnoticeable. Why isn't Sony showing this off more? If they want to sell more Vitas, they should advertise how good this is. For people with a family/spouse/girlfriend/etc that wants to watch tv it is super convenient. Sony needs to set up remote play kiosks in video game stores. It made me really want to go out and grab a ps4. Any one else have any experience with it?
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#2Xmas_HatPosted 2/20/2014 6:58:44 PM
This makes me want to go out a grab a vita

tfw no money
---
PS4 PSN: naturebased
#3GundamRedPosted 2/20/2014 7:01:47 PM
I dont get remote play...it never really had a point.

Are you supposed to use it when your not home? If so how do you turn your console on if your not home? An app? Do you even want an app that would basically require ALL your internet info just to turn your console on?

Hackers today have it easy...people give their info out so easily.

I didn't even consider the xb1 for a second when I learned the mic was ALWAYS recording ppl. Thats creepy as f***.
#4Xuande12Posted 2/20/2014 7:09:13 PM(edited)
GundamRed posted...

Are you supposed to use it when your not home? If so how do you turn your console on if your not home? An app? Do you even want an app that would basically require ALL your internet info just to turn your console on?

I didn't even consider the xb1 for a second when I learned the mic was ALWAYS recording ppl. Thats creepy as f***.

You leave it on standby and connect to it with your vita via wifi, pretty simple.

And it makes sense you have a wife watching a terrible tv show and she wants you to sit on the couch with her, just play vita. Yesterday I rewatched 7 episodes of Game of Thrones on my PS3 while playing Knack, it was worth it. One of my co-workers uses it at work when she is at lunch.

I don't have any Vita games, I just play PS4 games on my vita.
---
Norman Bates does it for his mother.
#5KINDERFELDPosted 2/20/2014 7:11:51 PM
I use it but not too often. Mostly when my husband wants to watch some show on tv and I don't want to haul the entire PS4 to the other tv in the bedroom.

I've played Killzone on it as well and I was amazed at what the Vita could display.

I can't wait for Diablo 3 and other RPGs.....would be fun to lay in bed and play Dragon Age Inquisition on the Vita before bedtime.
---
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps
#6KINDERFELDPosted 2/20/2014 7:13:43 PM
GundamRed posted...

Is that true or are people making that up.

I don't see how any rational person would agree to put that in their homes.
---
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps
#7shauntenninePosted 2/21/2014 9:50:48 AM
KINDERFELD posted...
GundamRed posted...

Definitely true although Microsoft will deny it. Microsoft is deep in bed with the spooks (nsa, cia, etc). Just google "prism program" to catch a glimpse of the scope. The thing is constantly listening to you, evident by the fact you can turn the console on with just your voice and the feds absolutely have backdoor access to kinect and xbox (as they do with every other Microsoft product).

Anyone who says different is only kidding themselves.

And its the reason I (along with many others) refuse to buy an xbox one. Stop being the governments do-boy and your console will sell a lot better Microsoft.
#8BrusselsAffairPosted 2/21/2014 10:01:46 AM
Xmas_Hat posted...
This makes me want to go out a grab a vita

tfw no money

Why bother saying 'tfw' when there's no actual face?
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
#9VT-14Posted 2/21/2014 10:03:13 AM
KINDERFELD posted...
GundamRed posted...

While not officially announced as true, it is a likely conclusion. The Kinect's mic is always on (you can start up the console with your voice). They also announced that the Xbone would have all these internet requirements, meaning you basically had to always be connected to the internet to use it. Even if Microsoft wasn't recording the data; any hacker could hack the console and start listening in.

@ GundamRed: The Vita has to be paired with the PS4 before you are able to send the startup signal over the internet. Chances are that the most information someone could find by doing this is your IP address... and if they knew how to hack; they already have that.

More likely they would just hack the PS4 directly... and accomplish what? Play your games?
---
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
#10bearinbluehousePosted 2/21/2014 10:08:22 AM
Kinect is no longer mandatory, and all the online checks have been lifted since launch day...the XO is no greater a security threat/privacy invasion than the PS4 or any other connected media device you own.

On topic, remote play is cool.
---
Is that fear in your voice, Barbara?
www.madewithrobots.com