I'm about to sell my ps4, what should I do before selling? (Data wise)

#1RagingKoalaBearPosted 2/21/2014 12:48:07 PM
Thanks for any help. I just want to make sure I leave no trace of my CC info or any personal info at all.
---
GT: whosyodaddeh
PSN: whosyodaddy ~~~~~~ FFXIV: (Ridill) Whosyo Daddy
#2MolotovManPosted 2/21/2014 12:50:28 PM
Delete any profiles off, although I think in the settings near the bottom you can do a factory restore type of thing
---
GT: MolotovMan1263
3770K / Asrock Pro4 / GByte 6950 / 8 GB RAM
#3AnthonM2Posted 2/21/2014 12:52:40 PM
Why are you selling it? I'm just curious.
---
Get Split/Second on PS3/360, innovative and one of the best racing/action games ever, single player and online offline multiplayer and great music.
#4RagingKoalaBear(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 1:02:48 PM
Man I messed up. I did the system restore option before I deleted my user name. Now when I try to log into PSN to so the "full" not "quick" storage deletion option, it says I can't log in as another user. What should I do now? It says if I do the quick option then 3rd parties can get my info.

I'm selling it because almost no one uses a mic on any games and I have several friends on XBone that I can play with. People in general just talk WAY more on 360/XBone than PS users.
---
GT: whosyodaddeh
PSN: whosyodaddy ~~~~~~ FFXIV: (Ridill) Whosyo Daddy
#5BloatedSquirrelPosted 2/21/2014 1:04:21 PM
RagingKoalaBear posted...
Man I messed up. I did the system restore option before I deleted my user name. Now when I try to log into PSN to so the "full" not "quick" storage deletion option, it says I can't log in as another user. What should I do now? It says if I do the quick option then 3rd parties can get my info.

I'm selling it because almost no one uses a mic on any games and I have several friends on XBone that I can play with. People in general just talk WAY more on 360/XBone than PS users.

Get new friends.
---
"We laugh in the face of love, because nobody's really there."
#6TuffEnuff81Posted 2/21/2014 1:04:33 PM

AKA "I only play shooters so im going to the BroBox."
#7spacedeletePosted 2/21/2014 1:10:12 PM

your selling a console because people don't use mics ? are you serious. i have no respect for anyone who trades a PS4 for a Xbox one. its like trading in a sports car for a banger just because all your friends drive bangers. stop being a follower and a sheep.

your trading in a more powerful console for a inferior media box that also happens to play games.

enjoy games at 720p at sub 30fps.
#8Blizz87Posted 2/21/2014 1:10:51 PM

I won't sell my ps4 just because some people don't chat in game. Most people are in party chat FYI with friends etc. Ghost on ps4 has plenty of people chatting in game. In a couple of months and when the awesome games start coming out. Also a lot of people just don't want to talk to random people shouting immature insults on COD etc.
#9adampeltzPosted 2/21/2014 1:12:16 PM
spacedelete posted...

your selling a console because people don't use mics ? are you serious. i have no respect for anyone who trades a PS4 for a Xbox one. its like trading in a sports car for a banger just because all your friends drive bangers. stop being a follower and a sheep.

your trading in a more powerful console for a inferior media box that also happens to play games.

enjoy games at 720p at sub 30fps.

Jeez... maybe he has a few friends who he prefers gaming with more than anyone else. No reason to tear into the guy.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#10CharadeSmithPosted 2/21/2014 1:12:52 PM
Hey don't be mean, if it's important to him then it's important to him
Personally less talk/mic is, for me, a pro rather than a con, but not everyone thinks the same way