Is there a difference between a good game, and a game you personally enjoy?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is there a difference between a good game, and a game you personally enjoy?

User Info: IcyFlamez96

IcyFlamez96
3 years ago#1
IYO... - Results (312 votes)
Yes
81.73% (255 votes)
No
18.27% (57 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I enjoy playstation all stars a ton, but I wouldn't call it a good game in general tbh..
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#2
I think that distinction is easily made in Music, Movies, and Literature.

In video games, I think it's much harder to make that distinction.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
3 years ago#3
Resident evil 6 is a fantastic, very well made game.

Some people hate it simple because it's not survival horror.
X from the Y simulator meme.
I will create.

User Info: Voysa_Reezun

Voysa_Reezun
3 years ago#4
I LOVE games that people ding for being technically unsound (Alpha Protocol) or for having unimpressive mechanics (Psychonauts, though that criticism is unwarranted, IMO).

So I think there is an objectively sound game in terms of graphics and mechanics, but that might not line up with what subjectively makes a good game for me (great characters, great narrative, awesome storytelling, branching paths, etc.)
Faves of last gen (360): 1. Alpha Protocol; 2. Sonic Generations; 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum; 4. Saints Row 2; 5. Fallout 3; Best DL: Costume Quest, Iron Brigade

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
3 years ago#5
It exist games that are so bad so they are fun to play.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC

User Info: ACx7

ACx7
3 years ago#6
Foxx3k posted...
I think that distinction is easily made in Music, Movies, and Literature.

In video games, I think it's much harder to make that distinction.

I agree. But it is there.

Which is something most people dont understand. When I say I don't like a game that doesn't mean I think it's bad. Or when I say I like a game that doesn't mean it's a good game.

User Info: Red_Jester

Red_Jester
3 years ago#7
I enjoy just about any third-person shooter over the Last of Us, but not a single one comes even close to matching the effort and quality put into the story, characters, sound, graphics and so forth that make TLOU the "better" game.
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.

User Info: AMG

AMG
3 years ago#8
For me a prime example would be GTA IV. It a very well made game on all accounts, but I've never had any fun playing it.

User Info: gohoanq

gohoanq
3 years ago#9
Personally any game I like I consider a good game. I don't care that a reviewer online said it was bad, likewise I don't care that some people on a forum said it was bad... if I like it then it's a "good game". lol
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.

User Info: pwnater777

pwnater777
3 years ago#10
I personally enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever and Haze, so the $5 I paid for each makes them good in my opinion.

But for $60? No.
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is there a difference between a good game, and a game you personally enjoy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived