Is there a difference between a good game, and a game you personally enjoy?

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 2/22/2014 1:31:50 PM
IYO... - Results (312 votes)
Yes
81.73% (255 votes)
No
18.27% (57 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I enjoy playstation all stars a ton, but I wouldn't call it a good game in general tbh..
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
#2Foxx3kPosted 2/22/2014 1:39:24 PM
I think that distinction is easily made in Music, Movies, and Literature.

In video games, I think it's much harder to make that distinction.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3knightimexPosted 2/22/2014 1:40:06 PM
Resident evil 6 is a fantastic, very well made game.

Some people hate it simple because it's not survival horror.
---
X from the Y simulator meme.
I will create.
#4Voysa_ReezunPosted 2/22/2014 1:41:19 PM
I LOVE games that people ding for being technically unsound (Alpha Protocol) or for having unimpressive mechanics (Psychonauts, though that criticism is unwarranted, IMO).

So I think there is an objectively sound game in terms of graphics and mechanics, but that might not line up with what subjectively makes a good game for me (great characters, great narrative, awesome storytelling, branching paths, etc.)
---
Faves of last gen (360): 1. Alpha Protocol; 2. Sonic Generations; 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum; 4. Saints Row 2; 5. Fallout 3; Best DL: Costume Quest, Iron Brigade
#5FoppePosted 2/22/2014 1:41:45 PM
It exist games that are so bad so they are fun to play.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6ACx7Posted 2/22/2014 1:42:23 PM
Foxx3k posted...
I think that distinction is easily made in Music, Movies, and Literature.

In video games, I think it's much harder to make that distinction.

I agree. But it is there.

Which is something most people dont understand. When I say I don't like a game that doesn't mean I think it's bad. Or when I say I like a game that doesn't mean it's a good game.
#7Red_JesterPosted 2/22/2014 1:49:47 PM
I enjoy just about any third-person shooter over the Last of Us, but not a single one comes even close to matching the effort and quality put into the story, characters, sound, graphics and so forth that make TLOU the "better" game.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#8AMGPosted 2/22/2014 1:59:56 PM
For me a prime example would be GTA IV. It a very well made game on all accounts, but I've never had any fun playing it.
#9gohoanqPosted 2/22/2014 2:03:45 PM
Personally any game I like I consider a good game. I don't care that a reviewer online said it was bad, likewise I don't care that some people on a forum said it was bad... if I like it then it's a "good game". lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#10pwnater777Posted 2/22/2014 2:04:42 PM
I personally enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever and Haze, so the $5 I paid for each makes them good in my opinion.

But for $60? No.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe