Does the length (game time) of a ps4 game help you decide if it's good or not?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Does the length (game time) of a ps4 game help you decide if it's good or not?
1 year ago#41
Option C

Tried Ikaruga?
Tried Resogun?

---
PSN: Jim_Berry - http://psnprofiles.com/Jim_Berry
FFXIV: ARR - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
(edited by JanayBerry)
1 year ago#42
Depends on the amount of content in that timespan.

Tons of content in a short, but replayable game? Good.

Little interesting content in a game that overstays its welcome? Bad.

Short game, no replay value, zero substance? Bad.

Long game, keeping me engaged the whole time, with lots to do? Good.

A game can be as short as it wants as long as the time I've spent playing it has been a good time. I'd rather play a short game than have a virtual chore.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5371-8850 - Fletchinder, Magmar, and Charmeleon. PM me to get added.
PSN & XBL: ThePatKelly
1 year ago#43
vanquish was probably one of the shortest games i played this gen and also one of the very best.

Binary Domain which i played recently is also quite good and is also very short.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
1 year ago#44
I don't associate length with "good" or "bad," but I do associate length with my willingness to buy a game new. If a game is awesome but is short, I'll wait until the price drops. But if it's a longer game, I'm much more likely to buy it new because I like the "bang for your buck" factor. Hence my general love for RPGs, you really get the most for your money. I don't think length should have any bearing on if you think a game is good or not.
---
3DS FC: 2165-5397-6214
"I am the last Claptrap in existence, and I AM GOING TO TEABAG YOUR CORPSE!" - Claptrap, Borderlands 2
1 year ago#45
A game can be good without being too long.
But at the same time a good game CAN be too short for the asking price.

An example I would give is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. There's a quarter less content than in the previous one. There's no way $50 is fair for that. $30 sure. But I imagine this question has to do with that MGS demo/prologue thing. It's a glorified demo. $15 would be pushing it as far as I'm concerned.
---
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
Elbow Rocket!
1 year ago#46
Absolutely not and I pity the fools who think it matters.
ICO was a masterpiece and could be completed in a little over an hour.
There are many examples of this.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
1 year ago#47
It depends on the game.

Uncharted,TLOU, Etc... 6 to 10 hrs is the perfect length.

A 6 to 10 hour Dragon Age would suck.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Does the length (game time) of a ps4 game help you decide if it's good or not?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived