Does the length (game time) of a ps4 game help you decide if it's good or not?

#41JanayBerryPosted 2/28/2014 9:13:27 PM(edited)
Option C

Tried Ikaruga?
Tried Resogun?

---
PSN: Jim_Berry - http://psnprofiles.com/Jim_Berry
FFXIV: ARR - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
#42patkelly929Posted 2/28/2014 9:33:00 PM
Depends on the amount of content in that timespan.

Tons of content in a short, but replayable game? Good.

Little interesting content in a game that overstays its welcome? Bad.

Short game, no replay value, zero substance? Bad.

Long game, keeping me engaged the whole time, with lots to do? Good.

A game can be as short as it wants as long as the time I've spent playing it has been a good time. I'd rather play a short game than have a virtual chore.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5371-8850 - Fletchinder, Magmar, and Charmeleon. PM me to get added.
PSN & XBL: ThePatKelly
#43MertensCWPosted 2/28/2014 9:48:55 PM
vanquish was probably one of the shortest games i played this gen and also one of the very best.

Binary Domain which i played recently is also quite good and is also very short.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#44butterbeancdPosted 2/28/2014 10:49:26 PM
I don't associate length with "good" or "bad," but I do associate length with my willingness to buy a game new. If a game is awesome but is short, I'll wait until the price drops. But if it's a longer game, I'm much more likely to buy it new because I like the "bang for your buck" factor. Hence my general love for RPGs, you really get the most for your money. I don't think length should have any bearing on if you think a game is good or not.
---
3DS FC: 2165-5397-6214
"I am the last Claptrap in existence, and I AM GOING TO TEABAG YOUR CORPSE!" - Claptrap, Borderlands 2
#45EternalDividePosted 3/1/2014 1:34:18 AM
A game can be good without being too long.
But at the same time a good game CAN be too short for the asking price.

An example I would give is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. There's a quarter less content than in the previous one. There's no way $50 is fair for that. $30 sure. But I imagine this question has to do with that MGS demo/prologue thing. It's a glorified demo. $15 would be pushing it as far as I'm concerned.
---
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
Elbow Rocket!
#46hrjPosted 3/1/2014 1:45:56 AM
Absolutely not and I pity the fools who think it matters.
ICO was a masterpiece and could be completed in a little over an hour.
There are many examples of this.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#47DarthvedderPosted 3/2/2014 9:35:49 AM
It depends on the game.

Uncharted,TLOU, Etc... 6 to 10 hrs is the perfect length.

A 6 to 10 hour Dragon Age would suck.