Sony Banned Me From PSN

#71blacklabelicePosted 3/2/2014 1:14:04 AM(edited)
yeppers. they have to go to the forums and inquire why they get banned if they have any further questions, and its always fun to see people getting named and shamed from the xbox live enforcement team.

sony doesnt disclose anything public as far as i know, but on xbox you get people on their forums all the time in the banned users section always making threads and reading some of the responses are downright hilarious. people do the dumbest things, from trying to scam people of virtual cards in nhl and fifa by offering a 'duplication' glitch that doesnt even exist (which is the scam) , call of duty hacked lobbies, and even changing their teniorship number on their profile - i dont know whether to laugh or cry at a dude who spends lots of money on a console only to change a number on their profile and end up getting console banned over it

i just get a kick out of the responses just to see what they have tried to get away with. some of the threads are golden. especially when the user is raging.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/41.aspx
#72FoppePosted 3/2/2014 1:59:07 AM
That reminds me of another one I saw on the Xbox support forum.
If you are banned, then you can't post on the support forum with your banned account, so you have to use some other one or make a new one.
Some guy complained about how he got banned for cheating with his achievement score and editing his avatars color, this was posted on a Friday night.
On Monday morning the Xbox support answered something like this; "Seeing that you somehow managed to get over 50,000 gamerscore in less than 48 hours on your new account, and somehow managed to turn your new avatar blue which by the way is impossible without hacking the files, I feel forced to ban your new account as well. Don't bother to reply with another account, I will ban that one as well".
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#73Sailor GoonPosted 3/2/2014 2:59:25 AM
livingonwheels posted...
Good news.I'm suddenly back online and able to sign in again.I guess I made enough noise to make a difference.For those of you who were trying to help,feel free to add me to your friends list.My username is 'livingonwheels' on PSN.

still ignoring the fact you got called out huh?
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#7495_EclipsePosted 3/2/2014 8:59:50 AM
blacklabelice posted...

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/41.aspx

Thanks for the link lol. I've never been banned off of XBL in my 8 years of having it, so I had no idea those forums even existed lol. Time to go read cheaters raging :D
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#75blacklabelicePosted 3/2/2014 10:16:06 AM(edited)
Foppe posted...
That reminds me of another one I saw on the Xbox support forum.
If you are banned, then you can't post on the support forum with your banned account, so you have to use some other one or make a new one.
Some guy complained about how he got banned for cheating with his achievement score and editing his avatars color, this was posted on a Friday night.
On Monday morning the Xbox support answered something like this; "Seeing that you somehow managed to get over 50,000 gamerscore in less than 48 hours on your new account, and somehow managed to turn your new avatar blue which by the way is impossible without hacking the files, I feel forced to ban your new account as well. Don't bother to reply with another account, I will ban that one as well".

roflcopter

alot of people get banned for changing their avatar outside of the paremeters, or their teniorship levels. it seems to be mostly children doing it, thinking that hacking is cool and whatnot, only to brick their online access over something so silly just because they wanted to show off to their other children friends.

but you see these topics, and they are all the same. people blaming someone else, mainly their kid, i think they are just trying to get unbanned out of pity and use a child, whether he exists or not, as the scapegoat. i mean im sure there are actually peoples kids doing stuff like that, but every other thread is like "my sons account got banned" or "i had some friends over and i left the room for 30 seconds" and its something like trying to solicit stuff for ms points, running unauthorized software, trying to use other peoples login details, trying to sell hacked accounts, etc" with the odd one being changed teniorship or your avatar color beyond paremeters

i mean its pretty tough to believe that you could leave the room to take a piss and by the time you get back, your buddy has already modded your console and gave you a pink avatar, running 3rd party software, and running credit card fraud, or mouthed off to some random dude with a message vulgar or threatening enough to get console banned or whatever, and if they are, maybe its time to get new friends, or not them use your stuff when youre not there.

i can understand how children can be naive enough to do this kind of crap and expect to get away with it, despite knowing its wrong, but its just sad that it seems quite apparent that people are trying to divert the blame on a child and try to get let off on it, when it seems pretty apparent that they know damn well what they did the whole time but just want a second chance to probably go and do it again.

I mean some of this stuff takes some brains to do. that must be a really smart kid to know how to run around selling hacked accounts, modifying his console and offering the duplication scams on NHL & FIFA. If anything, the parents acccount should also get the hammer until he they be a responsible parent andteach his kid some morals that stealing and cheating is wrong.
#76blacklabelicePosted 3/2/2014 10:31:06 AM(edited)
people have toned it down lately it appears, there arent alot of ragers lately and M$ doesnt seem to be taking as much abuse from the people they banned, but some people in the past have been quite rude. i dunno why but it can be rather amusing glancing some of them from time to time.

especially when the next call of duty prestige lobby banwave goes down