A console is still way more practical for gaming than a pc.

#1G4M3R43Posted 3/8/2014 6:12:23 PM
A console is still way more practical for gaming then a pc,I got a my ps3 when it first came out and 9 years later i can still play battlefield 4 without any issues.The grass and tree bark may not look as good as if it was running on a $900-$2000 gaming pc but it still looks good.

A gaming pc is gonna get outdated in about 3-5 years vs my ps3 and xbox 360 which is 9 years old and can still play games.

I bought the ps4 for $400 and guess what,i can play battlefield 4 without worrying whether or not it can handle it.There are so many pc gamers missing out on all the good games because there pc can't handle games vs a console where it can run any game without issues.people say "you can build a gaming pc for $400-$500" true but again if you want to play a game like bf4 you are going to have to lower the graphics settings really low just to be able to play it.
#2warior55Posted 3/8/2014 6:16:04 PM
PC gaming can actually be cheaper if you play a lot of games, due to Steam sales. I cant tell you how many $40 games I got for $10 or less in the past few years. I must have saved hundreds of dollars.
#3Raiden01Posted 3/8/2014 6:36:08 PM
yeah those steam sales are cheap, but who has soo much time to play all those games in their backlog. the sales can cause a problem in that you have bought too much games, no time to play them, too much backlog, and wasted money on games. The tendency to over buy is strong.

so if you resist the urge to overbuy, then, having PC gaming doesn't really save money.

Overall, it seems that PC gaming is more expensive, and requires more maintence and upkeep. to stay at the edge of graphics, otherwise, like the TC said, you can run the new games and medium or low settings, and have to turn off a lot of effects. Thats just not very psychologically satisfying.
#4BobberdongPosted 3/8/2014 6:39:17 PM
I'm new to PC gaming and thus far I love it. It was between me buying a PS4 at launch or me building a gaming PC... And I don't regret it a bit so far.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#5Raiden01Posted 3/8/2014 6:43:09 PM
how much did it cost you? what GPU did you use?

what made you decide to go PC instead of console?
#6knightimexPosted 3/8/2014 6:47:17 PM
When it comes to PC gpu cards it's either upgrade to the max or settle for mediocre.

I currently have a gtx 560.
Not upgrading until I can get my hands on at least a gtx 780 ti.
---
Looks like I'm going to fight dinosaurs....
....Good thing I only brought a handgun and a knife. ~Survival Horror Logic
#7mokmuudPosted 3/8/2014 6:52:34 PM
warior55 posted...
PC gaming can actually be cheaper if you play a lot of games, due to Steam sales. I cant tell you how many $40 games I got for $10 or less in the past few years. I must have saved hundreds of dollars.

Yeah but on the flip side console gamers could argue used game sales and trade in deals buy one get one free deals and so on. You can't resell or trade steam sale games.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#8_Shikoba_Posted 3/8/2014 6:53:14 PM
Not trying to be a jerk, but it sounds like you are just trying to justify one over the other. But why does it matter?

You say a gaming pc will be outdated in 3-5 years but guess what? So is the consoles in terms of graphics and capabilities. The difference is that pc can keep up with the changes, if the owner wants to of course. On console you are stuck with an outdated machine for 7-8+ years.

But you know what? Who cares. I game on both my pc and ps3/ps4 and I enjoy both equally. Some games I just prefer on pc, some are only on pc. Same can be said for my consoles. It's an opinion, but I don't believe one is better then the other an try to justify it because I can enjoy the benefits of both.
---
everything you do is a balloon
PSN: Bad_Brains
#9G4M3R43(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 6:57:08 PM
_Shikoba_ posted...
Not trying to be a jerk, but it sounds like you are just trying to justify one over the other. But why does it matter?

You say a gaming pc will be outdated in 3-5 years but guess what? So is the consoles in terms of graphics and capabilities. The difference is that pc can keep up with the changes, if the owner wants to of course. On console you are stuck with an outdated machine for 7-8+ years.

But you know what? Who cares. I game on both my pc and ps3/ps4 and I enjoy both equally. Some games I just prefer on pc, some are only on pc. Same can be said for my consoles. It's an opinion, but I don't believe one is better then the other an try to justify it because I can enjoy the benefits of both.

True,I am just tired of so many pc etlitists going "CONSOLE SUK DEEK PC FTW"
#10GGearXPosted 3/8/2014 7:00:53 PM
Petition Creator master race
---
So like. You wanna play?