Wow. After using the controller for a few days the DS3 feels like a toy.

#1da_StoOgePosted 3/9/2014 8:47:56 PM(edited)
And a cheap one at that.

It took me a little while to warm to the new Dualshock, but I'm now in love with it. In fact, it might just be my favourite controller now.

The tighter sticks and the triggers that everyone mentions are indeed great, but even the d-pad and face buttons are much improved.
Seriously, who ever came up with that matte plastic used on the d-pad deserves a reward. It's so much better than the rough texture of the DS3.

So far the only downsides are the light, which is cool at times and annoying as hell at others (give us the option to turn it off) and the battery life being shorter. Other than that it's near perfect.

I know this is old news by now, but I was rolling my eyes before when I saw others saying this, simply because I seemed to be one of the few to dislike the DS3 and I assumed it was just a slightly better version of that.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#2Sinizta03Posted 3/9/2014 8:40:58 PM
Yea the DS4 is by far the best PS controller and probably best ever. It's a really well designed controller.
---
PSN : TMB903
#3DK DeathKnightPosted 3/9/2014 8:52:43 PM
Sinizta03 posted...
Yea the DS4 is by far the best PS controller and probably best ever. It's a really well designed controller.

Although I personally dont have an issue about the battery, the battery life is a legitimate issue.
---
PSN: CrowsZero_
Playing: Battlefield 4, Knack, Persona 4 Golden, Tomb Raider
#4IGGI3Posted 3/9/2014 8:56:48 PM
Please fix battery life. Grazie.
#5PulpPosted 3/9/2014 8:57:10 PM
It's a pretty slick controller. R2/L2 triggers are too sensitive and the touchpad is too cheap. If they fix those two things, it would be perfect, imo.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#6SolidDBZPosted 3/9/2014 8:58:59 PM
I don't know about a toy, but it does feel... less solid. Yes, I'm talking about controllers people.
---
Metal Gear!?
#7PangLaPosted 3/9/2014 8:59:54 PM
So now it's okay to hate on the DS3 because the PS4 is out. I remember on the PS3 board you'd be called a troll if you say anything negative about the DS3. How time has changed...
#8YomonachiPosted 3/9/2014 9:02:12 PM
PangLa posted...
So now it's okay to hate on the DS3 because the PS4 is out. I remember on the PS3 board you'd be called a troll if you say anything negative about the DS3. How time has changed...

What the hell.... Few cared for the DS3.
---
1st in the State (Again), 13th in the Nation :) PSN: Soruichi_Kitty
"Try laughing some more."
#9da_StoOge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:25:06 PM
Pulp posted...
It's a pretty slick controller. R2/L2 triggers are too sensitive and the touchpad is too cheap. If they fix those two things, it would be perfect, imo.

What's the problem with your touch pad? Is it loose?

PangLa posted...

you should read my post. I've always found the DS3 to be below average. We're all individual posters on here. There's no point in bringing up what a bunch of other people have said about something if it was said by the poster in question.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#10PringerXPosted 3/9/2014 9:50:20 PM
It felt strange going back to the DS3 after using the DS4. I like the DS3 a lot, but the DS4 really is better. One thing though that surprises me is how many people complain about the light. How do you guys hold the controller? I never even see the light whenever I'm playing, so it's no hindrance to me. In fact, the one part I don't like about the DS4 is I don't see any indication on the actual controller that the battery life is low, is charging, and has finished charging.
---
http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/GameOverComesAll
http://psnprofiles.com/GameOverComesAll