Watch Dogs on PS4 or mid-range gaming PC?

#1Perfect LightPosted 3/9/2014 8:02:25 PM
These are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor
CPU Speed: 3.5 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (Overclocked Edition)

I prefer my quieter console but like the graphics of my PC. Is Watch Dogs going to look significantly better on my particular PC or will the PS4 version be pretty similar?

(I tried asking this on the PC board but they just started mocking me and telling me my specs were crap and outdated, so I thought I'd come here instead.)
---
Waiting: inFamous Second Son, Watch Dogs, Dragon Age Inquisition, Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
#2YomonachiPosted 3/9/2014 8:15:19 PM
Yeah man, I too want a next-gen Street Fighter
---
1st in the State (Again), 13th in the Nation :) PSN: Soruichi_Kitty
"Try laughing some more."
#3Bolc56Posted 3/9/2014 8:22:36 PM
I'd wait until the game comes out first, we don't even know what the lead platform for the game is
---
PSN: Azaan60
#4Garage_ManPosted 3/9/2014 8:29:26 PM
Sorry but we need to know more...6870 or 6850? I had a 6850 and it was really starting to show it's age. When I got the 7970 ghz edition it was a real mind opener lol.

Personally I'd just go with the ps4, unless you have a ssd, you have a ramdisk I don't see the point in it. Most likely it will look worse, for the heck of it I tried bf4 and I could barely manage 1080p 50fps on high-ultra with aa. Who knows how low it dipped. Couple that with the ps4 will just work and that's my answer.
#5Monkey_FuPosted 3/9/2014 8:31:11 PM
gpu upgrade do u need....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)3DS FC (Joe) - 0963 0615 0232
#6En Sabah NurPosted 3/9/2014 8:34:29 PM
Perfect Light posted...
These are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor
CPU Speed: 3.5 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (Overclocked Edition)

I prefer my quieter console but like the graphics of my PC. Is Watch Dogs going to look significantly better on my particular PC or will the PS4 version be pretty similar?

(I tried asking this on the PC board but they just started mocking me and telling me my specs were crap and outdated, so I thought I'd come here instead.)

I'm simply quoting you because I'm also eagerly awaiting all those games in your signature. And Destiny, if it turns out to be good.

I would probably go with the PS4 version because it's optimized for the console. If you don't have a very high end PC you might run into minor issues.
---
Playing - Marvel Heroes, MAA, and a lifetime's worth of PC/console games I will never finish.
#7PHOENIXZEROPosted 3/9/2014 8:39:53 PM(edited)
Lead platform for Watch Dogs is PC, has been since it was put into production years ago and interviews with the head of Ubisoft talking about how happy he was with consoles sharing the same basic architecture as PCs. But going by your specs the PS4 version will look better and probably run better if upgrading your video card is out of the question go with the PS4 version.
#8DrelkagPosted 3/9/2014 8:42:31 PM(edited)
I'd get it for PC, those specs are pretty good - especially if you have a 6870, which is what I use on one of my desktops. Anyone saying PS4 has better specs hasn't gamed with them or checked benchmarks.
---
Play hard or go home
#9VanderZooPosted 3/9/2014 9:21:43 PM
Drelkag posted...
I'd get it for PC, those specs are pretty good - especially if you have a 6870, which is what I use on one of my desktops. Anyone saying PS4 has better specs hasn't gamed with them or checked benchmarks.

Even if PS4 doesn't have better specs, it could still run it better because of the optimisation.
#10Perfect Light(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:31:10 PM(edited)
All I know about the graphics card is that it's a 6800 Series. I can't seem to find any more detail by checking my computer. I bought it off my best friend for $80 so I don't have a box or anything to look at. I suppose I could ask him what kind it is tomorrow.

Update: It is a 6870, if that makes a difference.
---
Waiting: inFamous Second Son, Watch Dogs, Dragon Age Inquisition, Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt