Ground Zeroes worth $30? Need honest opinion.

#1peter_katPosted 4/14/2014 1:08:29 PM
I'm thinking about picking it up sometime down the line. But should I wait for a sale?

What kind of stealth game is it?

Crappy (Assassin's Creed, Thief), more tactical/recon (Splinter Cell), or getting disguises, hiding in boxes (Hitman)?
---
Psn: jzzabelle
#2Legend053180Posted 4/14/2014 1:11:41 PM
It's worth the $2 for Redbox
#3RafedxPosted 4/14/2014 1:12:11 PM
peter_kat posted...
I'm thinking about picking it up sometime down the line. But should I wait for a sale?

What kind of stealth game is it?

Crappy (Assassin's Creed, Thief), more tactical/recon (Splinter Cell), or getting disguises, hiding in boxes (Hitman)?

If you are not a big fan of MGS then I suggest you wait. The story won't make any sense if you haven't played MGS3 or Peace Walker. It's rather on the short side however there is a lot of replayability.

As far as stealth if I had to compare it then I would say Splinter Cell. In the case of GZ you are given 1 location but you have multiple ways to tackle the missions.

Seriously though this game is designed to be a teaser to the Phantom Pain so what you are getting in GZ is a small slice of the pie, its very good mind you but not really a good investment for non MGS fans.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic
#4UtterMoonPosted 4/14/2014 1:12:58 PM
More tactical stealth...and in my opinion its well worth the 30 bucks. All of this "I beat it in 15 minutes!" crap...is from speed runs, and stuff like that usually isn't even considered in the equation.

If you're a fan of MGS then this was made for you...if you haven't played MGS before...then go play the old games first.
#5EpicKingdom_Posted 4/14/2014 1:13:47 PM
GZ is great, but not $30 great.
---
3570k + 212 Evo | Z77Extreme4 | GTX 780 SC w/ ACX | 8GB | 840 Evo | WD 1TB Black | Fractal Design Define R4 | Windows 8.1 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623 | PS4 |
#6OhGoodPosted 4/14/2014 1:15:52 PM
If you don't know what type of game metal gear is then there is no reason for you to spend $30 on ground zeroes.

Go pick up the HD collection instead.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
#7The_Ivory_ManPosted 4/14/2014 1:16:02 PM
As a fan it is worth it.
Go grab one of the collections.

GZ is made for replay though.

It's similar to splinter cell I guess.
#8kill_distroyPosted 4/14/2014 1:17:57 PM
As others said, this is a game that is made for hardcore fans. There is very little story here, and what is here is entirely dependent of your knowledge of MGS3 and Peace Walker. If you're not a big fan, I think you'll be done with it after you finish all the missions, which should take you around 3-5 hours. However, hardcore fans will put more than 20 hours in it (I already have around 15 hours in the game).

Still, I recommend you at least rent it. Even though it is short, what is there is fantastic, and is better than most things out there in the stealth genre.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#9AceMagasePosted 4/14/2014 1:45:38 PM
kill_distroy posted...
As others said, this is a game that is made for hardcore fans. There is very little story here, and what is here is entirely dependent of your knowledge of MGS3 and Peace Walker. If you're not a big fan, I think you'll be done with it after you finish all the missions, which should take you around 3-5 hours. However, hardcore fans will put more than 20 hours in it (I already have around 15 hours in the game).

Still, I recommend you at least rent it. Even though it is short, what is there is fantastic, and is better than most things out there in the stealth genre.

*it's a demo made to take advantage of hardcore fans

Don't be stupid TC, it's a demo - do you pay for demos? Your best bet if you absolutely have to play it is redbox for $2
#10Brass_EyePosted 4/14/2014 2:02:57 PM
On my first play through I didn't rush at all. I explored a little and got a little lost due to not using the map and I completed it in 58 minutes with a C rank.

Not even trying the game still felt like a waste even though I borrowed it from a friend at work.
---
http://tinychat.com/brasseye
http://i.imgur.com/mP2hF1E.jpg