Do not buy the 50 dollar version of Drive Club.

#1Cowboy082288Posted 5/8/2014 7:23:33 AM
To quickly explain, for those that don't know yet, if you buy the $50 PS+ version of drive club you will lose the game if you ever cancel your PS+ subscription.

Reason I think no one should buy that version is this:

Sony is undoubtedly testing the waters with this game. If the 50 dollar version sales well you can bet that they will do this pricing model with more games in the future. Well you might say "so what, I just bought a PS4, of course I'm subscribed to PS+". Here is the problem. Do you plan on staying subscribed for the rest of your life? How about 5 years from now or 8 years?

You could be faced with losing a substantial number of games you thought you owned if in 6 years you cancel your PS+ subscription.

If you want the game just get the 60 dollar digital or hard copy of it. That way you will always have the game and you won't be beholden to PS+ in order to access it.
#2true_gamer80Posted 5/8/2014 7:24:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Darkside_ShadowPosted 5/8/2014 7:27:52 AM
Yeah pretty sure I'm not gonna be playing Drive Club 5 years from now. So I'm good.
#4true_gamer80Posted 5/8/2014 7:28:22 AM
but but I want to selectively whine about things when I don't need to!!!
---
Wu Tang vs The Beatles-Enter The Magical Mystery Chambers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K5h0bVCakw
#5LoyalToTheGamePosted 5/8/2014 7:30:11 AM
Gaming isn't a right it's a hobby, companies are entitled to do what they think will make them money... This whining and complaining is a joke....

If you can't afford PS+ or aren't going to have it long term that's your problem.
---
PSN- Drew872 / Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/drewm87 Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGbicSyr_6XmIrTaP22HrDQ/videos
#6ServantOfErieosPosted 5/8/2014 7:35:40 AM
if im correct, you can't choose to buy a game, if it's on IGC and you're on ps plus.

You're forced physical, basically.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#7ace_two_maxPosted 5/8/2014 7:36:56 AM
I was told it was free, I do not buy free games

If this is no longer free then I will not buy at all, let them taste the bitterness of their lies.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#8ace_two_maxPosted 5/8/2014 7:40:12 AM
LoyalToTheGame posted...
Gaming isn't a right it's a hobby, companies are entitled to do what they think will make them money... This whining and complaining is a joke....

If you can't afford PS+ or aren't going to have it long term that's your problem.

Learn what your rights are then, unless you live in some country where the law doesn't matter or can be breached easily for money.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#9Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 7:43:59 AM(edited)
I'm confused...... I'm not whining about it. I'm saying I think the 60 dollar version is a much better deal. I'm saying that if this becomes a popular model that people may find that down the road half or more of their games are tied to them being subscribed to PS+.

I mean you guys do realize that this is a back door way for sony to try and get the sort of digital only, online drm checks, your games are a service (not a product that you own) type model that MS originally wanted.

Sony is just being smarter about it by slowly introducing it. Instead of beating everyone over the head with it like MS did. But if sony could get even 25% of their customers locked into having to have PS+ in order to access the games they have bought, I bet they would be pretty happy.
#10RygonPosted 5/8/2014 7:44:49 AM
Thank you everyone who keeps this issue alive by constantly remarking how we shouldn't be talking about it. I hope the exposure and word of mouth you are encouraging reaches Sony and makes a difference.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108