Do people realize Insomniac Games is a business?

#11bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 10:51:13 AM
Kenaue posted...
bsballa09 posted...
There is no brand loyalty when it comes to running a business, especially when it's not a first party developer. It's whoever can give them the most money. Stop acting like Insomniac dissed Sony. Microsoft thought the amount of money they paid for Sunset Overdrive to be exclusive was worth it, Sony didn't. End of story.

STOP MAKONG SENSE!!!

(Preordered Sunset Overdrive today. Will buy an Xbox One the day SO releases.)

I don't know. The game looks a bit mediocre. Sort of like what a downloadable game would be.
---
Definition of Early Access - A game that is in alpha and will never be finished. Fanboys will use the excuse of it being in alpha to silence criticism of it.
#12TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 5/9/2014 10:53:16 AM
universaldave posted...
I don't know that it's true but I heard that Insomniac had differences with Sony anyway, so they wanted to "jump ship". MS didn't so much have to outbid Sony or anything, they just said "sure we'll fund your new project"... or something like that. It's a loss for Sony and a nice gain for MS--but Sony still has so much coming that they'll be just fine.

Quantity doesn't necessarily equal quality
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#13universaldavePosted 5/9/2014 4:59:52 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
universaldave posted...
I don't know that it's true but I heard that Insomniac had differences with Sony anyway, so they wanted to "jump ship". MS didn't so much have to outbid Sony or anything, they just said "sure we'll fund your new project"... or something like that. It's a loss for Sony and a nice gain for MS--but Sony still has so much coming that they'll be just fine.

Quantity doesn't necessarily equal quality

Sony? They'll have quality too. Although so will MS even though haters fool themselves into thinking they won't. Both systems are going to have some killer games in the next few years. I feel really certain of that.
---
Fanboys (of all stripes) are sad, pathetic, souls. You know who you are.
#143D3Posted 5/9/2014 5:00:29 PM
Shhhh
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#15Mindwipe77Posted 5/9/2014 5:01:00 PM
already getting sick of this sunset crap on the ps4 board, its bad enough on the x1 forum without it needing to spill over here
---
Proud owner of PS 1-4, PSP, PS Vita(Greatness Awaits)
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#16SirLemontPosted 5/9/2014 5:03:34 PM
People really want this game? Didn't seem all that impressive to me.
#17KenauePosted 5/9/2014 5:08:22 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Kenaue posted...
bsballa09 posted...
There is no brand loyalty when it comes to running a business, especially when it's not a first party developer. It's whoever can give them the most money. Stop acting like Insomniac dissed Sony. Microsoft thought the amount of money they paid for Sunset Overdrive to be exclusive was worth it, Sony didn't. End of story.

STOP MAKONG SENSE!!!

I don't know. The game looks a bit mediocre. Sort of like what a downloadable game would be.

To each their own, I'm definitely looking forward to the wackiness.
---
Now Playing: DW8:XL:CE (PS4), FFXHD (Vita), Xenoblade (Wii)
PSN: Lord_CBH / NNID: Kenaue / GT: LordCBH
#18bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 5:14:19 PM(edited)
Kenaue posted...
bsballa09 posted...
Kenaue posted...
bsballa09 posted...

STOP MAKONG SENSE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ9FXIloYb8

I don't know. It just doesn't feel like there's a whole lot of content or story. Seems to just be mindless killing of pretty much the same enemies over and over again with a few kind of funny weapons in an open world city that seems bland. It feels like maybe a 20 - 30 dollar downloadable game.
---
Definition of Early Access - A game that is in alpha and will never be finished. Fanboys will use the excuse of it being in alpha to silence criticism of it.
#19Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 5:21:42 PM
TC you are part right and part wrong. Yes a business bottom line is to be profitable. That being said a business is run by human beings. So full gamut of emotions apply. There is greed, loyalty, vindictiveness, anger, you name it.

I'm a bit of a fan of reading autobiographies. You wouldn't believe some of the stories out there. For example in the 90s this happened:

Larry Ellison talked with Steve Jobs about mutually acquiring Apple while walking on a beach (this is when Apple was near bankruptcy). There was no clear reason for Larry to do this other that the fact the two people were friends. He wanted to help his friend to get his company back.

The deal never happened because Steve told Larry that he did not want to do a hostile takeover of apple and asked Larry not to pursue it.

For both men these were emotional decisions, not really financially pragmatic ones.

As for the Insomniac deal, I agree, it was probably a purely pragmatic reason.
#20KenauePosted 5/9/2014 5:47:57 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Kenaue posted...
bsballa09 posted...
Kenaue posted...
bsballa09 posted...

STOP MAKONG SENSE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ9FXIloYb8

I don't know. It just doesn't feel like there's a whole lot of content or story. Seems to just be mindless killing of pretty much the same enemies over and over again with a few kind of funny weapons in an open world city that seems bland. It feels like maybe a 20 - 30 dollar downloadable game.

I understand where your coming from definitely. This game is, for me, right up my alley, so I'm really looking forward to it.
---
Now Playing: DW8:XL:CE (PS4), FFXHD (Vita), Xenoblade (Wii)
PSN: Lord_CBH / NNID: Kenaue / GT: LordCBH