Do people realize Insomniac Games is a business?

#21UniversquallPosted 5/9/2014 6:53:26 PM
I haven't seen anyone honest have a problem with it. But dishonest people are giving trolls something to cling to.
---
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies
#22L4YER_CAKEPosted 5/9/2014 6:55:04 PM
christs sake, not one word of this has anything to do with the ps4. Shut up.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#23Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 6:58:18 PM(edited)
L4YER_CAKE posted...

From the tc:

"Stop acting like Insomniac dissed Sony."

Sony is the company that owns the PS4. The developer being talked about in this thread traditionally made games that was available on the Sony consoles.

This is the connection in case you were wondering.
#24SparkItUpPosted 5/9/2014 7:06:26 PM
bsballa09 posted...
There is no brand loyalty when it comes to running a business, especially when it's not a first party developer. It's whoever can give them the most money. Stop acting like Insomniac dissed Sony. Microsoft thought the amount of money they paid for Sunset Overdrive to be exclusive was worth it, Sony didn't. End of story.

While I do agree with your principle, it does not apply here. The deal with Microsoft (and not with Sony) was about who controls the IP rights. Sony wanted IP rights as did Insomniac...Microsoft saw an opening and made the deal to let Insomniac keep the IP rights.

My biggest problem with this however is the hypocrisy of Microsoft. Smaller developers are essentially bullied into signing over IP rights to Microsoft, whereas a studio such as Insomniac was allowed to retain them. That's about the only thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
#25TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 5/9/2014 7:12:21 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
L4YER_CAKE posted...

From the tc:

Sony is the company that owns the PS4. The developer being talked about in this thread traditionally made games that was available on the Sony consoles.

It's ok...sometimes he needs to have things explained to him.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#26ScaryLlamaPosted 5/9/2014 7:13:05 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
L4YER_CAKE posted...

From the tc:

Such a loose connection, and don't try to pretend this topic wasn't made for the sole purpose of causing trouble. By that logic, we should be able to talk about anything Microsoft does because they release games from Ubisoft, which also release games on the PS4. Insomniac is releasing an exclusive game on X1, their history has nothing to do with anything.

SparkItUp posted...
bsballa09 posted...
There is no brand loyalty when it comes to running a business, especially when it's not a first party developer. It's whoever can give them the most money. Stop acting like Insomniac dissed Sony. Microsoft thought the amount of money they paid for Sunset Overdrive to be exclusive was worth it, Sony didn't. End of story.

While I do agree with your principle, it does not apply here. The deal with Microsoft (and not with Sony) was about who controls the IP rights. Sony wanted IP rights as did Insomniac...Microsoft saw an opening and made the deal to let Insomniac keep the IP rights.

My biggest problem with this however is the hypocrisy of Microsoft. Smaller developers are essentially bullied into signing over IP rights to Microsoft, whereas a studio such as Insomniac was allowed to retain them. That's about the only thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Which is the opposite of how Sony treats their second party games. Indies keep the rights, while bigger studio hand them over. But whatever, I can wait for that next gen R&C.
---
PSN: ScaryLlama \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Steam:Scary_Llama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCrM1_7wnDU
#27Rob_the_NinjaPosted 5/9/2014 7:15:28 PM
Insomniac went third party after years of crappy games that didn't sell, and since they were a company that was largely associated with Sony, Microsoft was on them like white on rice.
---
http://i.minus.com/ivf1IoOKQeLNs.gif
#28UniversquallPosted 5/9/2014 7:17:05 PM
SparkItUp posted...

MS probably see it that they don't have a choice. All of their AAA supporters abandoned them during the 360 gen because working with or for them isn't good. None of those people took an IP with them.
---
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies
#29Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 7:23:08 PM
ScaryLlama posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
L4YER_CAKE posted...

From the tc:

Such a loose connection, and don't try to pretend this topic wasn't made for the sole purpose of causing trouble. By that logic, we should be able to talk about anything Microsoft does because they release games from Ubisoft, which also release games on the PS4. Insomniac is releasing an exclusive game on X1, their history has nothing to do with anything.

SparkItUp posted...
bsballa09 posted...

Which is the opposite of how Sony treats their second party games. Indies keep the rights, while bigger studio hand them over. But whatever, I can wait for that next gen R&C.

I'm sorry but talking about a developers (potential maker of games) relation with Sony (the owner of the PS4) is not a loose connection. Anyone who follows the game industry immediately knew what this topics relevance was. Especially since it is insomniac. Just as if Bungie mad an exclusive for the PS4, it would be relevant on the Xbox One board. Sorry if you can't follow the connection.

Also I don't think the TC was trying to troll. What about the topic is trolling? TC is just saying to not a take the developers decision as a personal slight against Sony or the PS4.
#30NextGenISbetterPosted 5/9/2014 7:25:38 PM
Horridhal posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

This x 9000000
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?