Sony has the nerve to charge for online?

#21DarkFistsPosted 5/9/2014 6:33:51 PM
plo617 posted...
With all of Sony's recent financial trouble, I can't really blame them for charging for something that most people don't seem to mind paying for. If you want to blame anyone, blame everyone that threw money at Microsoft for their online service for the past 10 years. At least we get some insane discounts with PS+ and "free" games.

And, it's not like they are blocking other online features (I am NOT taking a jab at MS), and are only charging for multiplayer, and are giving you "free" games across 3 platforms, and some pretty amazing discounts.

Heck, some games even come with a PS+ discount on launch...examples that I can think of were DBZ Battle of Z, and Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi.
#22Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 6:41:49 PM
The other problem is. Nintendo continues to have free online pay....... so clearly it is not a real 'cost' issue.

People will say 'o but they got to pay for all these servers' but trust me, allowing you to connect to a lobby for a game like CoD and have voip doesn't really cost them s***. Often times the publisher is handling all the online functionality.

That being said..... this is still a troll topic :P
#23DarkFistsPosted 5/9/2014 6:43:48 PM
Until Nintendo gets an account system on the level of PSN and Live, they'd be foolish to charge for it, since it's pretty bare bones.
#24KenauePosted 5/9/2014 6:44:59 PM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
*7-months later*

You're a little late to the party, TC.

Also, doesn't seem to be hurting them at all. I had PS+ anyways, doesn't bother me at all.

It's Big_pimper. Are you surprised his topics suck?
---
Now Playing: DW8:XL:CE (PS4), FFXHD (Vita), Xenoblade (Wii)
PSN: Lord_CBH / NNID: Kenaue / GT: LordCBH
#25Ludacris01Posted 5/9/2014 6:45:13 PM
Not to mention that besides Mario Kart and Smash, the Wii-U has nothing else worth playing online. And things that should have online play (3D World for instance), don't have it.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official King K. Rool of the Smash 4 board. KING K. ROOL FOR SMASH 4
#26TracidPosted 5/9/2014 6:45:14 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
The other problem is. Nintendo continues to have free online pay....... so clearly it is not a real 'cost' issue.

People will say 'o but they got to pay for all these servers' but trust me, allowing you to connect to a lobby for a game like CoD and have voip doesn't really cost them s***. Often times the publisher is handling all the online functionality.

That being said..... this is still a troll topic :P

Nintendo's online infrastructure is laughable, it is a house of card that could come crashing down any moment because they don't know a damn thing about online.
---
Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka
#27UniversquallPosted 5/9/2014 6:45:27 PM
DarkFists posted...
Until Nintendo gets an account system on the level of PSN and Live, they'd be foolish to charge for it, since it's pretty bare bones.

They might when they release their PS4/XTV1 gen console in 2018. If they ever make another console.
---
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies
#28Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 6:45:40 PM
DarkFists posted...

That is how it should work though. Want the extra stuff you pay, just want to connect and play your game online....... that should be free.

Besides on PC you can get every single thing for free..................
#29Draconas_LyrrPosted 5/9/2014 6:54:30 PM
Kenaue posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
*7-months later*

You're a little late to the party, TC.

Also, doesn't seem to be hurting them at all. I had PS+ anyways, doesn't bother me at all.

It's Big_pimper. Are you surprised his topics suck?

I have a hard time keeping track of the troll's names. I was putting them all on ignore as I came across them, but my ignore list is full now..
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean it's an intelligent opinion.
#30beardface21Posted 5/9/2014 6:55:50 PM(edited)
Because buying and maintaining servers to handle millions of customers spread all over the world is cheap right?
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18