Sony has the nerve to charge for online?

#31LMwest09Posted 5/9/2014 6:58:00 PM
...And? When they announced they purchased Gaikai, a streaming company, I knew they would and so should have everyone else. Besides, it's no big deal since you should already be using PS+.
#32CharadeSmithPosted 5/9/2014 7:01:00 PM
You can blame xbots for that. XBL with no free games, games with p2p network filled with lag and disconnects instead of dedicated servers, they ate it up like sheep. So obviously something with actual benefits, like PS+, is bound to work even with a price.
---
XB1 is the worst console of all time
#33Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 7:01:37 PM
beardface21 posted...
Because buying and maintaining servers to handle millions of customers spread all over the world is cheap right?

How is it that I play games online for free on PC?

It really amazes me how so many console only gamers think that charging just to play a game like SF4 online is ok.
#34Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 7:02:50 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
You can blame xbots for that. XBL with no free games, games with p2p network filled with lag and disconnects instead of dedicated servers, they ate it up like sheep. So obviously something with actual benefits, like PS+, is bound to work even with a price.

I agree with your original point. MS got away with it so Sony copied. I don't agree with your second point. I don't think PS+ is any better than XBL.
#35Lord_Ka1nPosted 5/9/2014 7:03:08 PM
No. Microsoft has the nerve.

And WE had the nerve to let them get away with it so now Sony is doing it. We have no one to blame but ourselves. The xbox one, forza 5, ground zeroes price reduction, and driveclub have shown that if companies try some bulls***, we need to tell them "no". Ignoring it or "voting with our wallets" doesn't work, we need to straight up TELL them that it will not fly.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203 - Feel free to add, pm me so i can get you back
#36peephole303Posted 5/9/2014 8:09:51 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Corporate greed...gotta love it

A business sustaining itself. How odd....

Man...GameSpy must've found out how to make money grow on trees, being that they ran servers all those years without forcing people to pay.

Oh wait, you just don't know what you're talking about. Nevermind then...

I know you are a troll and all.

But.. you know companies paid gamespy for thier services right?
---
Disclaimer: I am a dyslexic so i do apologize if i misspell or use the wrong word and that my grammar may not be 100%.
#37kingrat2314Posted 5/9/2014 8:17:52 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

You are truly a working class hero. Allow me to assist you in bringing down the "Man" with our generation X 'tudes.
---
"You gonna just keep running away?!"
"Just keep running away? ...I'm not running."
#38Bill_BurrPosted 5/9/2014 8:22:47 PM
beardface21 posted...
Because buying and maintaining servers to handle millions of customers spread all over the world is cheap right?

---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#39Still__RippinPosted 5/9/2014 8:51:06 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

A business sustaining itself. How odd....

Man...GameSpy must've found out how to make money grow on trees, being that they ran servers all those years without forcing people to pay.

Oh wait, you just don't know what you're talking about. Nevermind then...

Lol!!!! Oh my god TJ...bro. You actually made me laugh out loud. Please never get banned. You're too funny.
---
The sun is shining it's a beautiful day, and everything is going my way, I'm gonna stay inside so I can play computer!!!!
PSN~ Rip_Dat_Bong
#40beardface21Posted 5/9/2014 9:16:50 PM(edited)
Cowboy082288 posted...
beardface21 posted...

How is it that I play games online for free on PC?

It really amazes me how so many console only gamers think that charging just to play a game like SF4 online is ok.

That's because your PC's don't have a dedicated service like PS+ or XB Live do they? The closest thing to that is Steam, and though they have free online play, Steam also is limited in terms of products offered. PS+ and Live at least offer movies too.

Most online games for PC's are handled by the publishers themselves and even some of them charge subscriptions services. It amazes me how PC gamers are naive also.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18