Sony has the nerve to charge for online?

#41PeasantGamingPosted 5/9/2014 9:15:09 PM
I agree TC. I thought I was already paying for online with my ISP.
#42beardface21Posted 5/9/2014 9:20:21 PM(edited)
PeasantGaming posted...

You're paying for the ability to have internet to begin with through your ISP. That doesn't mean that the game company should provide you with free access to their online services. Though it would be nice, they don't have to.

Just because I buy electricity from the electric company does not mean I'm entitled to free HD sports channels on my TV.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#43big_pimper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 9:34:52 PM
PeasantGaming posted...

pc gaming is nice because you can great free to play games like hearthstone, league of legends, smite etc etc and play with your homies online for free also
---
Ronald Chocolate aka Dr. Chocolate
PhD in Gaming, Get Wet U
#44knightimexPosted 5/9/2014 9:36:33 PM
Make it free.

As a trade off you lose all PS+ benefits.
If you feel entitled to free stuff then business's are entitled to make you pay.

You win.

Game over.

/thread.
---
Funniest Battlefield 4 picture ever.
https://i.imgur.com/dAYariw.jpg
#45UniversquallPosted 5/9/2014 9:36:47 PM
If those games were on the PS4 you wouldn't have to pay either. This isn't the XTV1.
---
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies
#46knightimexPosted 5/9/2014 9:41:43 PM(edited)
Everyone says Xbox live is better than PSN...
Gee I wonder why....

Maybe because it's.....I don't know....FUNDED!!?!?

Yes, let's cry about how PSN is always down, yet turn around and don't want to help make it better.

PC is only free because there are ads OUT THE ASS from browsers to in game.

GTFO!
---
Funniest Battlefield 4 picture ever.
https://i.imgur.com/dAYariw.jpg
#47Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 9:42:43 PM
beardface21 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
beardface21 posted...
Because buying and maintaining servers to handle millions of customers spread all over the world is cheap right?

How is it that I play games online for free on PC?

It really amazes me how so many console only gamers think that charging just to play a game like SF4 online is ok.

That's because your PC's don't have a dedicated service like PS+ or XB Live do they? The closest thing to that is Steam, and though they have free online play, Steam also is limited in terms of products offered. PS+ and Live at least offer movies too.

Most online games for PC's are handled by the publishers themselves and even some of them charge subscriptions services. It amazes me how PC gamers are naive also.

First, there is nothing you get that PC doesn't have...... for free. What a friends list? Tell me exactly what the service has?

Steam is for games. Duh. Want movies then go else where. What do you think? People say "omg steam doesn't have movies, however will I watch movies now".

Also I hate to break it to you but most online games on consoles are handled by publishers as well.
#48AwayFromHerePosted 5/9/2014 9:48:00 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Corporate greed...gotta love it

A business sustaining itself. How odd....

Man...GameSpy must've found out how to make money grow on trees, being that they ran servers all those years without forcing people to pay.

Oh wait, you just don't know what you're talking about. Nevermind then...

Okay, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about, course that was fairly obvious every time you made a post, but this just seals it.

You are seriously implying that Gamespy let dozens, possibly hundreds, of companies use their servers for free. Please never try to run a business.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#49beardface21Posted 5/9/2014 10:29:49 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
beardface21 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
beardface21 posted...
Because buying and maintaining servers to handle millions of customers spread all over the world is cheap right?

It really amazes me how so many console only gamers think that charging just to play a game like SF4 online is ok.

That's because your PC's don't have a dedicated service like PS+ or XB Live do they? The closest thing to that is Steam, and though they have free online play, Steam also is limited in terms of products offered. PS+ and Live at least offer movies too.

Most online games for PC's are handled by the publishers themselves and even some of them charge subscriptions services. It amazes me how PC gamers are naive also.

First, there is nothing you get that PC doesn't have...... for free. What a friends list? Tell me exactly what the service has?

Steam is for games. Duh. Want movies then go else where. What do you think? People say "omg steam doesn't have movies, however will I watch movies now".

Also I hate to break it to you but most online games on consoles are handled by publishers as well.

You're not breaking anything to me about publishers handling online services on consoles too especially with what Battlefield and COD are doing. And as for Steam, they actually are or were considering adding movies and music to their list of services bringing them in line with Live and PS+ now. Of course Steam is for games, just like Xbox and Playstation are. But it doesn't hurt to offer services beyond games you know?

PC's ain't nothing special anymore. For all the free things you can do on PCs, consoles still steal the lion's share of the market.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#50Cowboy082288Posted 5/9/2014 10:39:10 PM
beardface21 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
beardface21 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
beardface21 posted...

You're not breaking anything to me about publishers handling online services on consoles too especially with what Battlefield and COD are doing. And as for Steam, they actually are or were considering adding movies and music to their list of services bringing them in line with Live and PS+ now. Of course Steam is for games, just like Xbox and Playstation are. But it doesn't hurt to offer services beyond games you know?

PC's ain't nothing special anymore. For all the free things you can do on PCs, consoles still steal the lion's share of the market.

Again I hate to tell you this but PC gaming is bigger than all the consoles combined:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/analyst-pc-gaming-now-brings-in-more-money-than-console-gaming/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

Also it is funny how you keep focusing on 'Steam'. You do release that is just one digital store? Maybe because consoles are locked into a single service you see things this way.