PS4 is lacking this and it bugs me...

#11big_pimperPosted 5/17/2014 8:41:37 AM
All of the above option is lacking
---
Ronald Chocolate aka Dr. Chocolate
PhD in Gaming, Get Wet U
#12tinfoil21Posted 5/17/2014 8:42:42 AM
That's a lousy set of options. No "MP3/DLNA Support" choice?
#133D3Posted 5/17/2014 8:43:16 AM
tinfoil21 posted...
That's a lousy set of options. No "MP3/DLNA Support" choice?

---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#14MinamoPosted 5/17/2014 8:55:45 AM
If the PS4 (or the Xbone) would have had backwards compatibility, it would have won the generation soundly in my eyes. Everyone would be trading up, because there would be no reason not to. Because of the lack of backwards compatibility, I'll be keeping my PS3 long into this generation instead of buying either new console. There are still dozens of games I want to play exclusive for it, and even new releases coming.

Unless PSNow can read a PS3/PS2 disc simply to confirm ownership and allow free streaming while the disc remains in the system, it'll be a piss poor replacement for proper backwards compatibility.
#15blackwaltz3Posted 5/17/2014 8:56:47 AM
Really wish I could play my PS1 classics on PS4
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds; 3DS FC: 2964-9868-5857
#16ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 9:13:15 AM
fhunter476 posted...
Where's the option for Video File playback or DLNA?

I've streamed tons of movies to my PS3. I miss being able to do that with my PS4.

_

There was room for only 10- yell at Gamefaqs...
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#17Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/17/2014 9:29:03 AM
Move support (ie. In baseball games) - Don't care
A 3rd party game pad with offset analogs - Huh?
external hard drive support - That's an issue, but not a very big one
3D movie tech - Don't care
Backward compatibility with 1 of their old systems games - This. I'd probably already have a PS4 if it was backwards compatible.
adapters that let you use older controllers - That might be nice... dunno how realistic it is though.
a way to use the steering wheel you've grown used to on PS2, PS3, or PC - I've never actually used a steering wheel controller.
free online gaming for all games - It is a shame that PlayStation's lost this.
racing games - Don't care.
RPGs - Ahaha... While they are my favorite genre, it's a bit too early to expect them. They'll get here eventually though.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#18Anodyne11Posted 5/17/2014 9:32:26 AM
Backwards compatibility. I'm primarily an RPG gamer though so that's a close second. However I know there won't be many right away so I can easily wait. I knew there wouldn't be any right away.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG last gen!
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/901092/
#19Le_MisanthropePosted 5/17/2014 9:40:41 AM
I'm definitely gonna miss having all my music, pictures and movies on my console. But my main concern would have to be backwards compatibility. I'd love to be able to play my some 60 PS3 games.
#20LMwest09Posted 5/17/2014 11:01:33 AM
A folder system for software instead of the current Dashboard
Arrange trophies by grade instead of misc and rarity. I like seeing the Platinum, gold, silver, then bronze...as trivial as that is.
Other than that? I'm loving it tbh