So my ps3 is dying... Freezes in GTA5, a jumbojet fan... Should I buy a ps4?

#1frankkernPosted 5/17/2014 9:16:27 AM
a new ps3 with 500 GB is 230 euros here with last of + gta 5 i have these games already digitally as well as 50 of the best ps3 games.....

should i just buy a ps4 bundle with watch_dogs ? The indie games or PLUS dont interest me and I want to keep playing AC3 and Black Ops 2 online for free, and Sleeping Dogs and NFS Most Wanted , GTA 5, Ni No Kuni, Dishonored, all the greatest games of this generation, but I dont really feel like wasting 230 euros for a ps3 which is kinda the same price as 2 years ago when there wasnt even a PS4.

Should I buy a ps4 ? Where my turtlebeach xray wont work and no custom soundtracks as on ps3 and no free online play whenever I want to?! With all my game collection being unavailable?

There was no price drop for ps3 for over 2 years and it will probably be the same for ps4 for a long time. So what to buy?
---
Famous Seller Of Crushed Ice To Eskimos And Sold Ocean Water As Luxury Champagne. Not a thief or scammer and always paying with a smile. With a smile only.
#2Hashtag_AddictPosted 5/17/2014 9:18:11 AM
Do whatever you want man.
---
I don't have birthdays. I level up.
#3Kovifan27Posted 5/17/2014 9:22:31 AM
PS3 is rumored to get a price drop at E3. So it depends on if you want to wait/rebuy.
#4frankkern(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 9:23:39 AM
Kovifan27 posted...
PS3 is rumored to get a price drop at E3. So it depends on if you want to wait/rebuy.

Excellent idea, can see what is going to come for ps4 and if there is a ps3 pricedrop in the next months they would surely announce it at e3 in 3 weeks.. thanks :) !
---
Famous Seller Of Crushed Ice To Eskimos And Sold Ocean Water As Luxury Champagne. Not a thief or scammer and always paying with a smile. With a smile only.
#5Le_MisanthropePosted 5/17/2014 9:38:12 AM
My PS3 recently died on me as well, I've been saving up all month and finally have the money to get a PS4 and I'm saying screw it instead of getting a new PS3 I'm moving on. Just keep your games in case you get another PS3 down the road. That's what I'm gonna do. I feel that it would be worth it but it's all up to you.
#6frankkern(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 9:52:19 AM
Le_Misanthrope posted...
My PS3 recently died on me as well, I've been saving up all month and finally have the money to get a PS4 and I'm saying screw it instead of getting a new PS3 I'm moving on. Just keep your games in case you get another PS3 down the road. That's what I'm gonna do. I feel that it would be worth it but it's all up to you.

If I would get a ps4 I would only get Watch Dogs, I think I would miss all my ps3 games quite quickly. So it would depend a lot on how good Watch Dogs really is, and if you can play it all year like GTA online for example.
---
#7_decitronPosted 5/17/2014 10:02:04 AM
wait to see where PS4 is in two years and then decide.

in the mean time, build a PC
#8slyman19Posted 5/17/2014 10:11:32 AM
Absolutely not. Wait at least another year before buying a PS4.
#9Le_MisanthropePosted 5/17/2014 10:17:32 AM
frankkern posted...
Le_Misanthrope posted...

If I would get a ps4 I would only get Watch Dogs, I think I would miss all my ps3 games quite quickly. So it would depend a lot on how good Watch Dogs really is, and if you can play it all year like GTA online for example.

Yeah Watch Dogs, The Last of Us Remastered and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag all interest me right this moment and a lot of great others will probably be coming so, that's why I'm moving on. I'm more of a single player gamer so GTA: Online got boring within the first week for myself. It just depends on you, I'm bored of all my old games and feel that it's time to move on. If you're content with your PS3 games get another PS3 and wait a year. If you're really unsure at least wait until E3 to see if anything new catches your eye then make your decision on what to do. Don't rush into anything you might regret it.
#10frankkern(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 10:40:18 AM
@Le_Misanthrope yeah ac4 is an excellent choice. as for last of us i have it on ps3 and i will NOT buy it again. Another reason to not buy a ps4. I am not buying all my games AGAIN.
---