general ps4 question

#1GuyFawkes5Posted 5/17/2014 10:38:35 AM
looking into getting one for my Sister next year(when it hits $349.99) I was just wanting to know if the system has ANY current hardware issues at all? over heating, freezing, shut downs, ANYTHING lol. I just wanna be sure all issues(if there were any) have been resolved before getting her one. thanks.
---
Down With Big Brother!!!
#2GuyFawkes5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 10:50:27 AM
bump
---
Down With Big Brother!!!
#3Iceberg73ePosted 5/17/2014 10:52:58 AM
A little wishful thinking if you think a console, that is currently selling well, will have a price cut within 24 months.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#4GuyFawkes5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 10:54:57 AM
Iceberg73e posted...
A little wishful thinking if you think a console, that is currently selling well, will have a price cut within 24 months.

I actually do not have the article any longer, but it was mentioned that their gonna be $350 in 2015 so, but thats really besides the point. any input on my actual questions??
---
Down With Big Brother!!!
#5_decitronPosted 5/17/2014 10:59:43 AM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
looking into getting one for my Sister next year(when it hits $349.99) I was just wanting to know if the system has ANY current hardware issues at all? over heating, freezing, shut downs, ANYTHING lol. I just wanna be sure all issues(if there were any) have been resolved before getting her one. thanks.

yeah, the controllers have crappy build quality particularly on the sticks, and their battery life is terrible
#6MARl0Posted 5/17/2014 11:06:20 AM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
Iceberg73e posted...

I actually do not have the article any longer, but it was mentioned that their gonna be $350 in 2015

There is nobody who actually knows this. I doubt even Sony knows when they will drop the price at this point.
---
Currently playing: Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
#7GuyFawkes5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 11:57:32 AM
_decitron posted...
GuyFawkes5 posted...

yeah, the controllers have crappy build quality particularly on the sticks, and their battery life is terrible

what's wrong with the sticks? how crappy is the battery life lol?..
---
Down With Big Brother!!!
#8Neonwarrior1243Posted 5/17/2014 12:05:02 PM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
what's wrong with the sticks? how crappy is the battery life lol?..

The rubber peels off on some of them and the battery life is crappy compared tot he DS3 and Wii U pro controller, it's got about 10 hours of juice which is low compared to those.

I don't know about the controller life of the Xbone since I don't have and I used wired for Xbox 360.
#9EoinPosted 5/17/2014 12:06:17 PM
Iceberg73e posted...

It isn't wishful thinking in the slightest. Nearly all major consoles have had price cuts within 24 months of launch. The only real exception was the Wii.
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/17/2014 12:08:05 PM
PS4 has a somewhat high factory defect rate for a game console, though it's pretty low for a Sony system.
I've also heard of people having issues with overheating, but that could be a variety of things.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross