PSTV looks awesome...but as a PS3, PS4, andVita owner, is it worth it for me?

#1Mega__ManPosted 6/10/2014 5:25:54 AM
Not even bashing the thing at all. When it was announced for Japanese consumers I thought it was cool; now I'm stoked it's coming out every where else. But from what I can tell, here are the features:

Stream PS4 to another TV - Cool but I only play in my room anyway, unless I got a second controller one day and decided to play some local multiplayer in the family room with my dad without moving the PS4 from my room.

Plays Vita games on TV - This is the thing that I can see making it worthwhile to me, but I am usually so content with playing it on the Vita anyway - I love the screen and the feel of the portable itself. But it does play digital games right?

Play PS1/PSP classics - Already have a PS3

Streams Netflix and such - Already have PS4/3

Anything else I'm missing? I can definitely see this worth it for PS4 only owners who would like to play a few Vita games without shelling out the extra $100 or so for the system, and the chance to play some PS1/PSP games. But is it worth it otherwise, unless I REALLY wanted to play Vita games on the big screen?

If there are other pros to getting this, please let me know and perhaps I'll consider buying this. If not, is it even worth it for me buying this?
---
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/heeheex2/th_MM-1.jpg
#2prozac786Posted 6/10/2014 5:27:29 AM
Yes! I want to play Vita games on a big screen with surround sound.

Handhelds are not for me. This is.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#3fubuki211Posted 6/10/2014 5:35:58 AM
I don't think it's worth it. While you can play PS Vita games on a TV screen, the games are yet more limited. Not every game can be played on a PS Vita TV
---
3DS FC: 2380-3107-5420 - Roxas XIII
PSN: Cloud_Strife_211
#4jesstivalPosted 6/10/2014 5:44:15 AM
prozac786 posted...

Pretty sure you still need to own a vita though.

I'm interested in it For playing vita games on TV but none of the other features so I will probably pass
---
http://jesstival.com
#5Mindwipe77Posted 6/10/2014 5:56:25 AM
playing vita games on my big screen alone sells it for me
---
Playstation- Where The Greatest Play
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#6therealpokenarPosted 6/10/2014 5:58:29 AM
jesstival posted...
prozac786 posted...

I'm interested in it For playing vita games on TV but none of the other features so I will probably pass

Actually, you don't.

The PSTV was originally called the Vita TV in Japan, it has a slot for a Vita game and memory card.
---
"The burden of proof is on the one proposing an idea, not on those who believe it to be false." by pikpikcarrotmon
#7prozac786Posted 6/10/2014 5:58:32 AM
jesstival posted...
prozac786 posted...

No dude. It's a stand alone console. It doesn't require a Vita in any way. It has a slot for Vita Memory Cards and Vita Cartridges. So a Vita is not needed.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#8BeasthuntPosted 6/10/2014 6:05:26 AM
This thing has been out in Japan for a while now. I'm getting one. I would love to play some of my vita games on my monitor.
---
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt.
Acts 2:38
#9blunderminePosted 6/10/2014 6:07:18 AM
It's not for me. 90% of Vita's lineup is available elsewhere, and what isn't generally isn't very good.
#10RybalPosted 6/10/2014 7:11:02 AM
If nothing else, it means Dissidia and FFT:WotL on a big screen. That's good enough for me.

Also, remote play in a separate room, essentially giving you access to two PS4s for digital games (albeit at a lower resolution).
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81