Your opinion on No Mans Sky?

#1thegamer824Posted 6/10/2014 5:44:44 AM
the ability to fly from planet to planet looks promising.

for those who have not seen the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M
#2GirgantePosted 6/10/2014 5:45:39 AM
As I said in another topic:

I am always wary of procedural generated stuff. Mind you, I am excited for it - but you cannot really beat hand-crafted designs with random generated stuff. The latter have a tendency to feel amazing at first, but quickly start to look soul-less, repeating, and boring.

Here's hoping it will be great, but I have my doubts.
---
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante
#3BoydZillaPosted 6/10/2014 5:51:52 AM
I have my doubts, it's seems like it's all a bit much for a small team.

Time will tell. Hopefully it works out for them.
---
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
#4AceMagasePosted 6/10/2014 5:53:31 AM
great idea, looks beautiful. I just hope there's some kind of structure or goal and it's not just open-ended, do what you want with no real objective
#5revolution3603Posted 6/10/2014 6:00:54 AM
From what I saw from the trailer it looks like online co-op is in. I think the games success will depend upon how active the online community is the willingness to explore and possibly role play but I can see lone exploration becoming stale fast
---
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!
#6JobocanPosted 6/10/2014 6:02:12 AM
It's a game with no real point where you boringly explore randomly generated planets. It couldn't sound any more boring if it tried.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#7SamholyPosted 6/10/2014 6:02:31 AM
this game might define the future of many other games. like a pioneer.
but im pretty sure it wont be the final version we will see of this game.
If their project works great, they will attract bigger studios and maybe fuse or gain a collab with more ressources.

i got a good feeling about this. exploring unknown stuff that isnt scripted is quite something, especially if its all seemless like in the trailer. no loading from space to landing on a planet is a first to me, especially when you see a galactic spacefight just before you enter the planet and land on something filled with creatures and vegetation.
---
PS4: Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs
Pentium 100 16GB RAM 1GBHD Floppy disk CDRW drive
#8revolution3603Posted 6/10/2014 6:09:08 AM
my question is can you get out and explore or are you confined to the ship the trailer showed a first person view of someone walking around but the actual gameplay footage shown only showed flying along the planet and not landing
---
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!
#9_Shikoba_Posted 6/10/2014 6:10:45 AM
revolution3603 posted...
my question is can you get out and explore or are you confined to the ship the trailer showed a first person view of someone walking around but the actual gameplay footage shown only showed flying along the planet and not landing

Yes you can get out and walk around.

Game looks amazing imo.
---
everything you do is a balloon
PSN: Bad_Brains
#10MrSpaM111Posted 6/10/2014 6:10:59 AM
revolution3603 posted...
From what I saw from the trailer it looks like online co-op is in. I think the games success will depend upon how active the online community is the willingness to explore and possibly role play but I can see lone exploration becoming stale fast

Congratulations, you've completely missed the entire point of the game, glad to see you were paying attention
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628