Your opinion on No Mans Sky?

#11BahamutBBobPosted 6/10/2014 7:12:48 AM
It has potential, as long as it's not just about exploring. Give us some sort of goal, or set of goals, for the planet we start on and maybe a small handfull of other random types of planets.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#12revolution3603Posted 6/10/2014 7:24:48 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
revolution3603 posted...
From what I saw from the trailer it looks like online co-op is in. I think the games success will depend upon how active the online community is the willingness to explore and possibly role play but I can see lone exploration becoming stale fast

Congratulations, you've completely missed the entire point of the game, glad to see you were paying attention

How did I miss the point of the game it randomly generated planets and and activities with a emphasis on exploration and discovery not hard to follow

The trailer also hinted at co-op by evidence of other pilots seen flying along side you I've been gaming for 20+ years games like this tend to burn themselves out because there's no point or end to it I was just pointing out co op could could add some longevity

PS don't call somebody out on missing the point without offering your point of view you just come across as a dick
---
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!
#13thedeparted94Posted 6/10/2014 7:27:43 AM
I don't know how their gonna deal with the infinite planets.. I mean how diverse are they gonna be? If they're all gonna be rocky and have dinosaurs on it. When you've seen one you've seen them all
---
<PSN> britz02
#14xsabrewulfPosted 6/10/2014 7:27:50 AM
I will get it on pc.it will be cheaper
#15MetroidJunkiePosted 6/10/2014 7:30:21 AM(edited)
thedeparted94 posted...
I don't know how their gonna deal with the infinite planets.. I mean how diverse are they gonna be? If they're all gonna be rocky and have dinosaurs on it. When you've seen one you've seen them all

That's why I theorized that maybe all the planetary data is stored on a massive server that gets slowly fed to the system's RAM as you explore around. Either that or it's just randomly generated like Fuel.
#16SheepinatorPosted 6/10/2014 7:31:35 AM
_Shikoba_ posted...
Game looks amazing imo.

What game? All I saw was the player looking at procedurally generated planets, with the only real gameplay being a rather weak shooting of a few flying ships that appeared to be following a set path.

I'm a fan of the developer, what they've done looks amazing for such a small team, but if it's just a tech demo it should be priced accordingly.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#17MetalZoicPosted 6/10/2014 7:33:58 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
revolution3603 posted...
From what I saw from the trailer it looks like online co-op is in. I think the games success will depend upon how active the online community is the willingness to explore and possibly role play but I can see lone exploration becoming stale fast

Congratulations, you've completely missed the entire point of the game, glad to see you were paying attention

What exactly is the point of the game? You can't tell at all from the trailer.

I liked a lot of what was shown and I'm very interested.

I dislike the floating head style of the view, it didn't feel like you were actually in a body, in a suit, on a planet. I really disliked the lame Star Wars look to the ship and how tiny it seemed. Didn't like the instant take off with no prep as soon as you get in it aspect, it didn't feel like a real machine. The ship didn't give a good sense or motion or rushing when accelerating. The transition from planet to space was just dumb, like the outer atmosphere ended after travelling for just a few seconds etc...

This could turn out to be awesome and I think it was one of the coolest things shown at the Sony conference. I'm just hoping that that was a condensed, early version of the game to give you a quick idea and the finished version isn't so bland and weak. Basically no aspect of what they showed had any punch or excitement to it at all.
#18HighwayPilotPosted 6/10/2014 7:35:22 AM
I want Colony Wars
#19Kuebel33Posted 6/10/2014 7:36:43 AM
I hope it works out, but too me it looks like a lot of smoke and mirrors that make it look "pretty" that could fall flat. I won't be surprised if the game starts fun, then becomes boring immediately after, but here's hoping.
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Ttn Fall, Brvly Dflt, Lghtnng Rtrns
#20MrSpaM111Posted 6/10/2014 7:38:19 AM
revolution3603 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
revolution3603 posted...

How did I miss the point of the game it randomly generated planets and and activities with a emphasis on exploration and discovery not hard to follow

The trailer also hinted at co-op by evidence of other pilots seen flying along side you I've been gaming for 20+ years games like this tend to burn themselves out because there's no point or end to it I was just pointing out co op could could add some longevity

PS don't call somebody out on missing the point without offering your point of view you just come across as a dick

It's a realtime mmo style world, so all players are playing in the same universe at the same time, it's much more than just co-op. What your saying is basically like somebody saying 'Does World Of Warcraft have co-op?'
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628