PS Now will be a huge failure if they don't change the pricing model

#21Flare1721Posted 6/20/2014 8:30:49 PM
Just checked my email and what do you know......

"Hi Private Beta Testers,

We just wanted to give you all a quick update on the next phases of PlayStation Now. As you may have heard, at our E3 Press Conference we announced that PlayStation Now will be moving into an Open Beta, first starting on PS4 system on July 31, 2014. We are excited to get PlayStation Now in the hands of all PS4 users - so there is a lot of excitement for July 31 to come around. If you didn't see our E3 trailer - take a look at it here.

Now it's time for Private Beta news. On 6/18 you will have seen a title rotation which includes a fresh set of games as well as the introduction of a preliminary pricing test.

Inside this first test, you will find a variety of rental prices and rental periods to choose from. These prices are ultimately decided on by the participating developers and publishers. Your feedback during this next phase of the Private Beta is extremely important, as we will be monitoring it closely.

PS. If you have a rental period in progress for a game that just got rotated out: don't worry! You will still be able to access the rental up until the end of its rental duration by finding the game in your "My Games" section.

Please give us your feedback in these Private Beta Forums or email us at nowfeedback@playstation.sony.com and help shape the future of PlayStation Now

Thanks,
The PlayStation Now Team"

Well Beta testers you know what to do. And whiners please be useful and complain on the appropriate forum. And TJ keep dodging my question.
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2 || We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Strife1721.png
#22tributegamesPosted 6/20/2014 8:31:59 PM
look at it this way though. the economics of the situation will work itself out. if prices are prohibitive to people using the service, then they will have to bring down prices to make it viable, otherwise it's just a waste of resources and an eventual failure
---
psn: kaustik
gamertag: caustic325
#23CmJudgePosted 6/20/2014 8:32:22 PM
Flare1721 posted...
iTossSalads posted...
It would work better as a subscription service.. or at least offer the option to purchase to own so that you can always play the game remotely on any PS console or handheld. I won't pay to rent games individually.

I think PS Now will stay just a renting service. If you wanted to buy games buy them off PSN. Thats what thats there for. Thats what i assume anyways. Plus why would you buy a game just to stream it?

Why are you contributing to a topic that you just blasted TC for creating? Not exactly the yellow crayon are you?

"You challenged me and I got you"

Give this guy a round of applause ladies and gentlemen. He's a real winner.
---
GT: AltusJanitorius PSN: Altus_Janitorius
-A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer-
#24UniversquallPosted 6/20/2014 8:32:49 PM
Flare1721 posted...

The troll can't see your posts.
---
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies
#25UniversquallPosted 6/20/2014 8:33:46 PM
CmJudge posted...
Flare1721 posted...
iTossSalads posted...
It would work better as a subscription service.. or at least offer the option to purchase to own so that you can always play the game remotely on any PS console or handheld. I won't pay to rent games individually.

I think PS Now will stay just a renting service. If you wanted to buy games buy them off PSN. Thats what thats there for. Thats what i assume anyways. Plus why would you buy a game just to stream it?

Why are you contributing to a topic that you just blasted TC for creating? Not exactly the yellow crayon are you?

"You challenged me and I got you"

Give this guy a round of applause ladies and gentlemen. He's a real winner.

That person was talking to an actual person. Not the troll.
---
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies
#26AwayFromHerePosted 6/20/2014 8:35:37 PM
It will not fail.

It will not fail for the same reason DLC didn't fail.

Too many people that want it and will be willing to pay for it and the vocal minority will have accomplished nothing.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#27CmJudgePosted 6/20/2014 8:37:42 PM
Makes no difference. He's helping keep it active by posting in it. A topic that he just said shouldn't have been created.
---
GT: AltusJanitorius PSN: Altus_Janitorius
-A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer-
#28knightimexPosted 6/20/2014 8:38:25 PM(edited)
I'm fairly sure it's not going to be as good as sony hope it'd be.
---
My "NEW" favorite sig!
http://dagobah.net/flash/successful_troll_2.swf
#29KconvPosted 6/20/2014 8:38:32 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
It will not fail.

It will not fail for the same reason DLC didn't fail.

Too many people that want it and will be willing to pay for it and the vocal minority will have accomplished nothing.

DLC has some value

This is a bad value compared to other methods of buying.

it will fail, if it isnt changed, whats likely to happen is the rise of more gamefly style businesses.
#30AwayFromHerePosted 6/20/2014 8:43:06 PM
Kconv posted...

DLC has some value

This is a bad value compared to other methods of buying.

it will fail, if it isnt changed, whats likely to happen is the rise of more gamefly style businesses.

And there is nothing stopping anyone from buying the games for PS3.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.