So apperently Tomb Raider 2013 is better than Uncharted ?

#1Gohan9221Posted 7/8/2014 7:54:05 AM(edited)
So apparently people who say Uncharted is better than Tomb Raider get called fanboys and people say Uncharted copied Tomb Raider yet all Uncharted was inspired by was the climbing and the theme.

The Uncharted gunplay and Tomb Raider gunplay are the same except Tomb Raider has upgrades. There needed to be more time in Tomb Raider to use the weapons. I dont recall Tomb Raider having cinematic amazing setpieces with a female version of Drake.

So whats up with that ?
#2true_gamer80Posted 7/8/2014 7:57:21 AM(edited)
I find it funny how many ppl around here bash shooters yet one of the most praised and held up series...is essentially a shooter....where you spend the vast majority of the games....shooting things.

While this is also true for tomb raider there is far more inbetween not to mention far less linear.

IMO tomb raider is the far better game at what it tries to be.....when you think about it uncharted is essentially just a shooter with extremely minor platforming and exploring.

both are fun though so who cares what ppl may think
---
El-p- Accidents don't happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffZTr4_cdIk
#3sworderPosted 7/8/2014 7:59:18 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
IMO tomb raider is the far better game at what it tries to be.....when you think about it uncharted is essentially just a shooter with extremely minor platforming and exploring.

When you think about it, Tomb Raider is exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Tomb Raider is simply less linear.
#4nordendorfPosted 7/8/2014 8:00:43 AM
Gohan9221 posted...
I dont recall Tomb Raider having cinematic amazing setpieces

have you played through the whole game? Escaping the flaming palace & city I think would qualify as a cinematic setpiece. There was a fair amount of shooting later in the game as well.

I like em both
/shrug
#5true_gamer80Posted 7/8/2014 8:04:13 AM(edited)
sworder posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

When you think about it, Tomb Raider is exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Tomb Raider is simply less linear.

The new tomb raider is far less linear....Im not sure how you say its not. I also said the same about tomb raider with shooting.....but there is also far more in between, far better exploration and far less linear....imo its just better at what it tries to do.

I enjoy both series, I just think the new tomb raider does a far better job at what they tried to do.

Again though is it not funny how much shooters are bashed and hated here yet one of the most praised games ever here at this site is essentially nothing but a shooter, where the whole games you do nothing pretty much but shoot ppl and thn have an online mode that's....shooter based lol? I absolutely love GF lol!
---
El-p- Accidents don't happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffZTr4_cdIk
#6nonexistingheroPosted 7/8/2014 8:04:43 AM
I think it is, but they're average games at best, I'd say. They have pretty visuals, but all those automated game mechanics are horrible, IMO. Tomb Raider is pretty much Uncharted with more freedom.

I much prefer the older TR games.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7sworderPosted 7/8/2014 8:07:14 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
The new tomb raider is far less linear....Im not sure how you say its not. I also said the same about tomb raider with shooting.....but there is also far more in between, far better exploration and far less linear....imo its just better at what it tries to do.

I enjoy both series, I just think the new tomb raider does a far better job at what they tried to do.

Again though is it not funny how much shooters are bashed and hated here yet one of the most praised games ever here at this site is essentially nothing but a shooter, where the whole games you do nothing pretty much but shoot ppl lol? I absolutely love GF lol!

Oh I was agreeing with you on the linearity thing! Tomb Raider does allow for a lot more exploration.

And yeah, I think hating on shooters is just the cool thing to do for the past few years
#8jammiesPosted 7/8/2014 8:07:32 AM
Dang it, I stepped in the time machine on accident again! I swear one of these days it'll take me to the future instead of a few years back.

---
GameFAQs moderation staff: the ultimate trolls.
#9MyDogSkipPosted 7/8/2014 8:13:37 AM(edited)
I prefer the gameplay in Tomb Raider, where you can go back to old areas and explore, and you can upgrade your weapons and abilities.

I prefer the storytelling in Uncharted. It has grander set pieces and the story and characters are far more interesting to me. Uncharted also has more polish when it comes to things like character animations, which really make a game shine for me.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#10GambitbuzzkillPosted 7/8/2014 8:16:53 AM
Is it better than Uncharted 3 yes but it's not better then part 2.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66