People need to get out of the past and with the times

#171MantraChamplooPosted 7/9/2014 6:23:50 AM
You're nutso, why have all your space filled up with games you could physically own? I reserve my space for games not available in physical form.
Plus how can you trade games with friends if they're all digital? You can't.
You lose, sir. Good day.
#172Shinobi120Posted 7/9/2014 6:40:47 AM(edited)
Coryo61827 posted...
Lol I can't help but laugh at people who swear that digital is the way to go.

Let me ask you something. What do you think is going to happen to all those digital games you spent all that money on in 20 years?

The servers for that particular system will no longer be in use. So as soon as your system bites the dust (and that's inevitable one day) you will lose everything you had on it. Even if you buy a new system on eBay or whatever, you won't be able to get your games back cause the servers are no longer provided for that particular system.

People with physical copies will just have to buy a replacement system, pop in the disk, and they'll be good to play the game. Won't be able to play online, but they can still play the games. Something you won't be able to do with digital copies.

Fizzle_Pork posted...
Let's see how many of those titles you're able to play 20 years from now when your HDD bricks and all of the servers are long gone. In the mean time, my Atari cartridges still work just fine.

temgun posted...
How about never. Digital is always more expensive than retail and I don't trust digital content on consoles. On PC it's different since you can be pretty sure that Steam will be around for as long as you live and even if that's not the case, no games are ever lost. What will happen to PS3 digital-exclusive games when the store for it is closed? Sony won't support it forever once the next consoles hit, or maybe not even that.

And those are the main reasons why I trust digital only on PC gaming much more than digital only on consoles. But logic won't work on digital only fanboys like TC.

DeathFan357 posted...
PC gamers have been digital only for awhile. I mean who buys physical PC games anymore? Console are going the same way. I agree that its BS how digital prices never seem to go down. AC4 is still $60 on the ps store for **** sakes. Alot of people are talking about "what if" scenarios but has any of that actually happened? In the end digital will win and physical games will be a thing of the past.

The reason why people like me don't mind digital only for PC gaming, is because that PC is an open platform in which no one owns it & that the prices on PC gaming are much cheaper. Consoles are closed platforms, & are being controlled by the hardware manufactures.
#173CaanimalPosted 7/9/2014 6:33:37 AM
I'll stick w/ physical copies thank you, cause you know, I like to ACTUALLY OWN WHAT I BUY!!!

When there are no longer any physical discs I'll stop playing new video games. Besides, the world wide infrastructure for the internet is a load of junk and won't be changing any time soon, so as long as physical discs are needed they will exist. Hell, the infrastructure in some parts of the United States are as bad as some 3rd world countries still and we've had internet for what, going on 30 years now...
#174saleamaPosted 7/9/2014 6:43:17 AM
It is going to be real hard for Grandma to buy games for birthday and Christmas presents if everything goes digital. People need to back up and see the whole picture. Not everyone has access to digital distribution in the same way. The sales loss due to lack of product visibility will be huge. I don't know how many games I have bought because I saw the box at the store but it is probably over 1,000. I have bought very few games because of advertisements or magazine articles. I am pretty sure I am not alone in this. When games go digital that will be when I go do something else. Lucky for me I have a HUGE backlog that will carry me years past when that happens.
#175PigfartsPosted 7/9/2014 6:48:03 AM
DeathFan357 posted...
There is no point to physical games anymore. Digital is the way to go. I plan on only buying digital games from now on. You guys can join me in the future or be stuck in the past. The choice is yours.

PC games digital, console games physical. What to know a good reason why, look no further then the Wii U. When it first came out if your system got lost or stole you lost your games, if your system broke you lost your games, unless you called nintendo and argued to get them back.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#176beutlich99Posted 7/9/2014 6:49:46 AM
Or I buy the used physical copy and sell it when done for just about the same price. Gaming on the cheap. Digital copies don't give me that.
#177md22mdrxPosted 7/9/2014 7:13:43 AM
DeathFan357 posted...
There is no point to physical games anymore. Digital is the way to go. I plan on only buying digital games from now on. You guys can join me in the future or be stuck in the past. The choice is yours.

Troll trolling hard here = TC
#178AxleHeadXPosted 7/9/2014 7:29:42 AM
It's a long way out before companies go all digital. Until then I will be getting my hard copies so I don't have my license revoked from a digital game. Across PS3 and 360 I can no longer download 14 games I have bought since they have been delisted or for whatever reason.
#179ckramsePosted 7/9/2014 7:33:53 AM
besides the fact that digital copies are sometimes cheaper it does not make sense to always buy digital games if you are a hardcore gamer because at some point you are going to run out of room to download games to your hard drive and then where will you be I'll tell you you'll be stuck and out of luck because you can't download games and then when that system is no longer made and the connection support is lost you will not be able to get the games that you have already purchased and had to delete because you ran out of spaceso while it may be the future no game company is ever going to do that because they make money off of it either way and who wants to not be able to play a game that they have already purchased your statement is flawed sir
#180Startech_ViperPosted 7/9/2014 7:34:12 AM
DeathFan357 posted...

I will join you when all my systems are hacked. Until then, I'll continue buying physical copies
---
Bakin dem kookayz... o_O