People need to get out of the past and with the times

#181petran78Posted 7/9/2014 8:40:37 AM
as long as shops can sell digital titles individually and not through psn, just like with music and ebooks, then by all means digital.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#182Shinshoryuken1Posted 7/9/2014 8:43:30 AM
If it meant I got my backwards compatibility from here on out I'd gladly give up physical media.
#183BrokenChaos666Posted 7/9/2014 8:48:33 AM
I'll join the digital age when digital isn't the same price as a physical copy. With shipping costs and manufacturing discs and cases, I understand the extra costs. With digital there is what, a fee to keep the server the game is on maintained? Definitely not worth $70.
#184temgunPosted 7/9/2014 8:56:30 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
The reason why people like me don't mind digital only for PC gaming, is because that PC is an open platform in which no one owns it & that the prices on PC gaming are much cheaper. Consoles are closed platforms, & are being controlled by the hardware manufactures.

Exactly my thoughts. I love being digital only, but I don't want it on consoles. Sony/MS/Nintendo have complete monopoly in their store. The content is only available from them and it's tied to the hardware. The original XBL closed quite soon after the 360 was launched and everything you had bought was lost forever, so if your hard drive broke, that's it. I love the fact that there is no PC 2 and there will never be. Even if a game was pulled from Steam and pretty much everywhere else, the game is not "lost" the same way games would on Wii if the store closed (actually, is this already the case? I don't know). And then there's the DRM on consoles. I don't really like the fact that content on PS3 can only be used on two systems. Revocation is such a hassle and once you are done with the third console, you have to revocate again. I love that I can install PC games on infinite amount of machines and play on every one of them since activation limit DRM is pretty much dead.
#185strukeljPosted 7/9/2014 9:07:52 AM
"people need to get out of the past"?
you sound exactly like the sheep who tried defending microsoft when they were trying to implement always online and all that other nonsense
#186chestershadowPosted 7/9/2014 9:14:10 AM
DeathFan357 posted...
There is no point to physical games anymore. Digital is the way to go. I plan on only buying digital games from now on. You guys can join me in the future or be stuck in the past. The choice is yours.

Then why dont you go away and choose to jump in front of a mag-lev train or any other fast- moving, heavy object.

Do it. #peerpressure
#187carlsonkennethPosted 7/9/2014 9:27:01 AM
I'll go all digital when they stop including the production costs of the physical media into the cost of the digital copies. If a physical disc is 59.99 in store, then a digital copy should be less to produce. Yet I find they tend to cost the same price and indeed sometimes more. Why exactly is this the case?
#188TrueGBPosted 7/9/2014 9:28:41 AM
I'll do that when I have full control of my digital copy of the game, thanks. Unfortunately, right now that's only possible on PC.
---
Future Billionaire
#189KarnRX78Posted 7/9/2014 9:48:55 AM
With the way game sizes are, and the current prices, console digital is pointless for me. Took about 30 hours for me to download Wolfenstein. So for the same price, I could have taken the 10 minutes to go to the store, buy the game. Within a hour I would have been playing, and if I ended up not liking the game I could have traded.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#190NextGenISbetterPosted 7/9/2014 9:54:17 AM
Ahh the physical media fanboys and the antiquated ways

Sad that this topic has so much wrong with it.
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this truth.