People need to get out of the past and with the times

#21Infiltr8aPosted 7/8/2014 7:03:30 PM
Why would I go all digital and not be able to recoup some money when I no longer want the game?
#22wirymo123Posted 7/8/2014 7:04:38 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
DeathFan357 posted...
Eventually game companies will stop making discs and go all digital. It will be less of a shock if you start going all digital now.

Sure.....40 years from now maybe. You realize people have been saying this about music for the last decade and a half, and CDs are still very much in existence and still very much made and sold in stores.

Exactly.
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
PSN - FuzzyPillow19
#23SubjectNineteenPosted 7/8/2014 7:07:03 PM
I'll go all digital when I have no other choice in the matter.

I have nothing against the digital format, but I do not like that fact that I do not technically own the games. Regardless of what the EULA says, I at least own the disc a game is printed on, which means I own the game. Sure, the online content can be disabled, but there's no way to shut me out of the single player content...yet. With digital games, the whole game can be removed from my library, without warning, at the publisher's discretion. I know that's not likely to happen, but it has happened before.

I'm mostly digital on the PC thanks to Steam, but I've only ever bought digital games when they've been much cheaper than their physical counterparts.
---
"I love how complicated the (SMT) game titles are. LOL. 'Ching Chong Super Rainbow Storytime Dragonland.'"
~My Brother, Isaac // PSN: ParenChyma
#24CaIiber345Posted 7/8/2014 7:11:35 PM
You're foolish. Have fun.
---
TwinStickGaming.com | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, Destiny, Rogue Legacy, The Witness, Fallout 4
#25iHandsomeDevilPosted 7/8/2014 7:13:34 PM
Yeah right. I'll never go all digital, that's the dumbest thing to do.
---
I live on an escalator.
#26LamacePosted 7/8/2014 7:13:42 PM
Hm, a 30 second install off a disk? Or, a 15 hour download for the same game? That's a tough one.
#27Agent101cPosted 7/8/2014 7:14:38 PM
Lamace posted...
Hm, a 30 second install off a disk? Or, a 15 hour download for the same game? That's a tough one.

You seem to forget that in 5 years, when games are going digital, we'll all have Google internet and the D/L speeds will be lickety-split.
---
My lazy cat:
http://postimg.org/image/ze87msosz/
#28DeathFan357(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:18:00 PM
Lamace posted...

Get better internet?
---
See you space cowboy...
Yakuza > GTA, SMT > FF
#29TigercmlPosted 7/8/2014 7:20:59 PM
DeathFan357 posted...
Lamace posted...

Get better internet?

This just shows you must be 12 years old or you still live at home and mommy and daddy pay for the internet. Any adult with a brain would know that internet varies by area and some ISP's have this thing called data caps.
---
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aSfVRT7G62XtO1wGu1c2A
Check Out My Youtube Channel For PS4 Gameplay Videos And Clips!
#30knightimexPosted 7/8/2014 7:21:04 PM
Agent101c posted...
Lamace posted...

You seem to forget that in 5 years, when games are going digital, we'll all have Google internet and the D/L speeds will be lickety-split.

In 2018 only like 6 more cities will be using google fiber.
5 years? More like 20 years.
---
My "NEW" favorite sig!
http://dagobah.net/flash/successful_troll_2.swf