People need to get out of the past and with the times

#211DeathFan357(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 2:12:24 AM
I think people that need to show off a massive game collection are just compensating for sonething.
---
See you space cowboy...
Current GF: Christy Mack
#212Startech_ViperPosted 7/10/2014 5:27:55 AM
DeathFan357 posted...
I think people that need to show off a massive game collection are just compensating for sonething.

You must think like that about everyone who has a massive collection of some sort
---
Bakin dem kookayz... o_O
#213Agent101cPosted 7/10/2014 5:29:42 AM
DeathFan357 posted...

The ladies might not be impressed by my thin wallet, or my beat-up pickup truck. But when they see my incredible collection of Playstation games, watch out! It's sexy-time!
---
My lazy cat:
http://postimg.org/image/ze87msosz/
#214bh7812Posted 7/12/2014 5:13:46 PM
rtkamb1770 posted...
I still don't understand the whole digital thing. I can drive to the game store and back far quicker than I can download a 5gig file.

Well, that all depends on your connection speed. I'm just gonna give examples with guesstimates for download time, but if you have a 1.5 Mbps DSL connection, a 5 GB file may take ~10 hours give or take to download on a good day. Now let's look at lower and middle end FIOS speeds..a 5 GB file should take ~40 to 45 minutes on a 25 Mbps connection...it all depends on where you are and who your ISP is of course. Then on a ~45 Mbps connection think around 20 minutes if that. There's a ton of factors involved but those download times have been my experience. Now if your closest big store is 45 minutes to an hour from home..yeah you're probably better off just going out and buying the game physically.

Right now I'm almost 100 percent digital on 3DS, Vita and iPad/iTunes. My ps3/4, Wii U and X1 are mostly physical till I get this connection upgraded. Once that happens I'm probably going all digital download with those too. I understand why some want to cling to physical, but preference seems to be based on geographic location and ISP. This full digital shift won't happen tomorrow, next week or even next year but it is coming within 10 years I think. It'll all depend how long it takes to upgrade infrastructure country and world wide.
#215Video_Game_CzarPosted 7/12/2014 5:16:37 PM
DeathFan357 posted...

I thought you were just thick in the head...No, It's much simpler...You're bitter.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l Steam: VideoGameCzar l FC: 0146-9981-6140 I
#216bh7812Posted 7/12/2014 5:30:14 PM
Snorlax_exlax posted...
bh7812 posted...
Digital download is cheap

For Summer Steam sales, sure.

In general though? Nah.

Definitely, I should have clarified which digital services I consider "cheaper". Sorry about that. I wanted to write a more concise, to the point reply to the topic rather then a book this time haha.

On PSN, Live and eShop the DD prices are exactly the same as at an actual store so it just depends if you want to pay full price and for convenience or not.

Steam, despite my personal reservations, has crazy low, insane sake prices..I wish the console stores would go in that direction. You can get so many games for 10, 20 bucks off there it's unreal.

iTunes..though I don't really buy games off there, I do buy a lot of TV shows, books, magazines and sometimes music on there. When they do TV show sales they're usually very very good sale prices so it's way better for me to get a tv show season on sale from there than order it on Amazon physically. I'm beginning to have issues with some physical DVDs depending on publisher so I'm starting to go DD with that stuff too. The FBI piracy warnings piss me off so avoiding that on iTunes is great! As an example I got the Season Pass for Girl Meets World for only 18 bucks for the SD version of season 1! Very reasonable..if that were physical you can bet your ass it'd be 50-60 bucks. Books it's easier for me to do ebooks these days and those prices have been good so I don't mind paying. Music I'd rather have on a HD now anyway.

All depends on what you want digitally, what service you want to use, the price you're willing to pay, your connection speed, location and ISP whether or not digital is practical and feasible or not.
#217RedEnsignPosted 7/12/2014 5:58:37 PM
DeathFan357 posted...
There is no point to physical games anymore. Digital is the way to go. I plan on only buying digital games from now on. You guys can join me in the future or be stuck in the past. The choice is yours.

Are you the guy who said the same thing about 3d TV back in 2012 or 2013? This reads almost the same as that failed prediction topic.
---
I couldn't believe the company I work for sold EA exclusive rights to make Star Wars games. Then I realized when they fail, we still get paid. Well played Bob.
#218Mr_Fury32Posted 7/13/2014 4:55:37 PM
DeathFan357 posted...
The "physical is cheaper" arguement doesn't apply when a game is brand new. A majority of a games sales happen in the first few weeks of launch. So price is hardly an issue. If you want to wait a year to buy a game, the. its your problem you have to pay more. And why do people keep bringing up the issue of space? Physical uses up the same amount of space. And I'm the troll? I'm merely presenting an alternate way of thinking.

so tell me, why was Reaper of Souls DIGITAL damn near 10 MORE for the digital version? why is that fair? it is not, quit trying to defend these exploiting arses...
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#219renegadeseraphPosted 7/13/2014 5:24:20 PM
DeathFan357 posted...
There is no point to physical games anymore. Digital is the way to go. I plan on only buying digital games from now on. You guys can join me in the future or be stuck in the past. The choice is yours.

The games I own...

Wolfenstein cost $60 digital, I got it $40 physical.
Assassins creed 4 cost $60 digital, I got it $40 physical
Watchdogs cost $60 digital, I got it $50 physical
Knack cost $40 digital, I got it $30 physical
Killzone cost $40 digital, I got it $20 physical
Infamous cost $60 digital, I got it for $40 physical

I saved $100 on 6 games by buying physical. Digital is a ripoff!!!
---
~Living is easy with Eyes Closed~
#220Lord_Ka1nPosted 7/13/2014 5:35:05 PM
If you feel that consumer rights and owning a copy of the product you paid money for as opposed to a glorified license rental is in the past, that's your own problem.

I'll stick to physical.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203