Why is Destiny's DLC so expensive?

#11SpacePirateSealPosted 7/9/2014 7:57:06 AM
Better be equivalent to Diablo 2 ->Diablo LoD thats for damn sure.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
Please be excited!
#12mrhappyguy12345Posted 7/9/2014 8:00:48 AM
BambooPandamo posted...
>Game isn't released
>No one is troubled by EXPANSION PACK AND DLC being announced before the game is out

I am so glad I'm not partaking in this generation.

The game is out in two months so I'm fairly sure it's 99% done. What's wrong with then working on more content after that?

This really isn't a new concept so please drop the "video game devs are ripping us of and scamming us and eating our babies" babble.

Look at BL2. Each piece of DLC was packed with content and definitely worth the price. Would you rather devs not continue to make new content for games that we love?
---
Gamefaqs Mod:There is nothing about intent in the rule, only whether a post is designed to encourage others to violate the rules out of anger
#13Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 8:09:49 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
we have no clue what is going to be included in the expansions

As announced yesterday:

upcoming Destiny expansions "The Dark Below" and "House of Wolves" (each of which includes new Story missions, cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas, and a "wealth" of new weapons, armor, and gear)

So in other words, you have no specifics. You don't really know how many story missions, how many arenas, or how many weapons/armor and gear. Yet you're sitting here b****** about how it costs more than BL2 expansions.

Could very well include more missions/MP maps/armor/weapons than a singular BL2 expansion, hell it could include more than 2 BL2 expansions.

Hence my point. You're making a huge issue over something you know squat all about so far. So get the f*** over it already.

A minute ago you were utterly clueless about what these expensive DLC's might be, yet at the same time you're getting your panties in a bunch over someone asking if they're worth twice as much as BL2's! Amazing...

What if it's the same size as a BL2 expansion, for twice the price? Is that good? What if other pubs raise the price of their DLC after seeing how people like yourself love this so much?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#14CrimsonGear80Posted 7/9/2014 8:12:02 AM
Look, we are sorry Mommy and Daddy won't buy you things, but don't blame devs for supporting their games after launch.
---
"You're not funny and nobody likes you!" - CM Punk
http://i.imgur.com/exPrlnB.gif
#15mrhappyguy12345Posted 7/9/2014 8:16:31 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Look, we are sorry Mommy and Daddy won't buy you things, but don't blame devs for supporting their games after launch.

This too. There's far too much belly aching about DLC. This isn't already on the disc and it isn't nickel and diming you. It's a freaking expansion. They've existed since the early days of PC gaming. Get a job, learn how to save money, and then quit yur crying.
---
Gamefaqs Mod:There is nothing about intent in the rule, only whether a post is designed to encourage others to violate the rules out of anger
#16VirobotPosted 7/9/2014 8:17:21 AM
Sheepinator posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
we have no clue what is going to be included in the expansions

As announced yesterday:

upcoming Destiny expansions "The Dark Below" and "House of Wolves" (each of which includes new Story missions, cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas, and a "wealth" of new weapons, armor, and gear)

So in other words, you have no specifics. You don't really know how many story missions, how many arenas, or how many weapons/armor and gear. Yet you're sitting here b****** about how it costs more than BL2 expansions.

Could very well include more missions/MP maps/armor/weapons than a singular BL2 expansion, hell it could include more than 2 BL2 expansions.

Hence my point. You're making a huge issue over something you know squat all about so far. So get the f*** over it already.

A minute ago you were utterly clueless about what these expensive DLC's might be, yet at the same time you're getting your panties in a bunch over someone asking if they're worth twice as much as BL2's! Amazing...

What if it's the same size as a BL2 expansion, for twice the price? Is that good? What if other pubs raise the price of their DLC after seeing how people like yourself love this so much?

I'd advise you to save your fingers. Typing replies to Ryuu seems not to matter much. He never seems to read it.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#17IrishSpectre_N7Posted 7/9/2014 8:21:22 AM
There's a whole lot of "what ifs" to support your argument.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JmjvP5n.gif
#18Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 8:23:56 AM
IrishSpectre_N7 posted...

I assume you include the people who are convinced it's worth twice the price of BL2's expansions, even though they are clueless about what it is.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#19IrishSpectre_N7Posted 7/9/2014 8:27:21 AM
Sheepinator posted...
IrishSpectre_N7 posted...

I assume you include the people who are convinced it's worth twice the price of BL2's expansions, even though they are clueless about what it is.

Defending it is just as silly. Nobody knows enough to presume anything.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JmjvP5n.gif
#20BigLongDownerPosted 7/9/2014 8:30:35 AM
I dunno but The Dark Below expansion sounds pretty cool.
---
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"