Why is Destiny's DLC so expensive?

#21Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 8:37:04 AM
IrishSpectre_N7 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
IrishSpectre_N7 posted...
There's a whole lot of "what ifs" to support your argument.

I assume you include the people who are convinced it's worth twice the price of BL2's expansions, even though they are clueless about what it is.

Defending it is just as silly. Nobody knows enough to presume anything.

We know the pricing is expensive. Is it not fair to speculate how much value it will be, and if other games and publishers will raise prices on their future content to follow?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#22mrhappyguy12345Posted 7/9/2014 8:42:25 AM
You can't say the pricing is expensive if you don't know the content and how much of it there is.
---
Gamefaqs Mod:There is nothing about intent in the rule, only whether a post is designed to encourage others to violate the rules out of anger
#23Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 9:10:24 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
You can't say the pricing is expensive if you don't know the content and how much of it there is.

If you don't know how much of it there is, how can you be so certain of...

it isn't nickel and diming you. It's a freaking expansion

---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#24theshovellerPosted 7/9/2014 9:12:26 AM
Sheepinator posted...

If you don't know how much of it there is, how can you be so certain of...

it isn't nickel and diming you. It's a freaking expansion

Simple - it's optional content. You literally cannot be nickel-and-dimed with completely extra, not-needed stuff. It's like complaining that a restaurant is nickel-and-diming you to death because they ask if you want an appetizer, ask if you want cheese on your fries, and ask if you want dessert after your meal.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#25White_Knight13Posted 7/9/2014 9:13:57 AM
BambooPandamo posted...
>Game isn't released
>No one is troubled by EXPANSION PACK AND DLC being announced before the game is out

I am so glad I'm not partaking in this generation.

Holy ignorance batman.

What do you expect the writers and concept guys to be doing in late development? They're not just sitting on their hands doing nothing.
#26RyuuHou25Posted 7/9/2014 9:14:08 AM
Sheepinator posted...

A minute ago you were utterly clueless about what these expensive DLC's might be, yet at the same time you're getting your panties in a bunch over someone asking if they're worth twice as much as BL2's! Amazing...

What if it's the same size as a BL2 expansion, for twice the price? Is that good? What if other pubs raise the price of their DLC after seeing how people like yourself love this so much?

I was asking rhetoric questions genius >.> Like I keep saying, always funny to see you talk about using common sense with how little you use it yourself.

Well damn, what if!! Let's just go ape s*** crazy over all the what ifs! What if I take my mouse and smash it against the wall? What if tomorrow Capcom decides to announce 5 new mega man games and then a month later cancel them? What if my PS4 blows up in the next 30 seconds??

Christ sakes >.>
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#27RyuuHou25Posted 7/9/2014 9:15:16 AM
Virobot posted...

I'd advise you to save your fingers. Typing replies to Ryuu seems not to matter much. He never seems to read it.

Apparently you aren't bothering to read much of anything yourself >.>
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#28youngskillzPosted 7/9/2014 4:04:28 PM
there will probably be more expansions too.

unless they release these first two over time, even then as big as this game is i predict atleast two more expansions.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Cantabile Wind, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated
#29NovaLevossidaPosted 7/9/2014 4:23:23 PM
Destiny is essentially an MMO in concept. If you're going to play, you need to buy the expansions, so I don't see the price of expansions being a sticking point after having bought the game in the first place.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter