Do you enjoy playing short games?

#1supera187Posted 7/13/2014 9:02:16 PM
I know I do. It gives me a chance to move on to the next one. I not saying I don't want to sit and play longer games like RDR or AC4 because I put around 40+ hours into each of those. I dunno, I prefer story over gameplay most of the time and yes I do buy COD for the campaign. I know a lot of you guys don't want to drop $60 for 6+ hours of campaign and I totally understand that. I'm playing Murdered: Soul Suspect right now and absolutely love it. I'm certain I'll beat it tomorrow with no regrets. Maybe it's more of my lifestyle now. I only really play games on Mondays and Tuesdays for a maximum of 8 hours total. I'm getting old. I can't hang with you youngsters anymore.
#2legendxmythPosted 7/13/2014 9:04:44 PM(edited)
How is Murdered soul suspect? If you think you'll beat it tomorrow, how long have you been playing it so far?

I like short games too, feels good to finish games (at least story wise).
---
PSN: mythxlegend
#3p3r0x1d3Posted 7/13/2014 9:07:53 PM
when i buy a 60$ game. i expect to get at least 15 hours out of it, that being said, when i buy games like valiant hearts, child of light, transistor, etc. and get 6 hours out of them i don't think it is a bad thing.
#4p3r0x1d3Posted 7/13/2014 9:08:41 PM
legendxmyth posted...
How is Murdered soul suspect? If you think you'll beat it tomorrow, how long have you been playing it so far?

murdered soul suspect sucked so bad that the development studio got closed, one of the worst games in a while.
#5ShELbY_GT500Posted 7/13/2014 9:16:32 PM
Personally I prefer lengthy games.
#6supera187(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 9:22:59 PM
legendxmyth posted...

I think it's great! I love a good murder/mystery. My favorite parts are finding the ghost stories to listen too. Controls are a little stiff but won't hinder entertainment. Tons of collectables. I heard the games is about 8 hours long and I've been playing a little over 4 hours.
#7supera187(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 9:29:59 PM
p3r0x1d3 posted...
when i buy a 60$ game. i expect to get at least 15 hours out of it, that being said, when i buy games like valiant hearts, child of light, transistor, etc. and get 6 hours out of them i don't think it is a bad thing.

I hear you on that but I don't know how much production value is added. I beat Infamous: SS in 2 sittings and thought to myself that it wasn't bad then chose a different path. Double value! Oh yeah! I feel like I am very off topic right now. I want Transistor.

What about multiplayer? Would you accept a short campaign but a great mp added on? I prefer co-op myself.
#8XNo_FearXPosted 7/13/2014 9:33:18 PM
i enjoy playing short games and long games. it just depends on the type of game.
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8
#9dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/13/2014 9:39:05 PM
I'm fine with paying full price for a short game that I'll play through multiple times.

I see no difference in paying $60 for a 15-20 hour game that I'll play through once, and a 5 hour game that I'll play through multiple times. It really just depends. A good game is a good game.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#10DevilTears604Posted 7/13/2014 9:40:39 PM
Sure. It all depends on what I'm in the mood for on that particular day.

I do know that I LOVED Guacamelee.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.