Do you enjoy playing short games?

#21mrhappyguy12345Posted 7/14/2014 5:51:32 PM
Yea. I still play Journey from time to time, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was an amazing game despite being short. The same with South Park SOT.

In fact I would much rather play a well paced, focused game that's on the short side, over a game that gets repetitive and drags on for dozens/hundreds of hours.
---
Behold my true form and despair!
#22bigdaddyjugPosted 7/14/2014 5:58:08 PM
I do. I bought Papo & Yo during the PS3 flash sale in Friday evening and finished my first playthrough yesterday. Took about 8 hours total I guess. Have to go all the way through the game one more time collecting hats and I can delete it from my HDD.
---
IX > VI > V > XII > X > VII > XIII > IV > VIII > III > I > II
If you have to ask, you don't need to know. PSN: Bigdaddyjug
#23gjc2007Posted 7/14/2014 6:55:14 PM
Being engaged is the biggest thing I look for when I play a game. And for the developers to assume that I have the basic mental functions to figure crap out on my own. I like to feel like I'm actually advancing and getting better. I also like good replay value.
---
Microsoft: "Gamers are thieves that must be monitored".
Sony: "Gamers are customers we care about."
#24SnoicFactorPosted 7/14/2014 6:56:10 PM
I beat Gone Home about two weeks ago. If they are that good, then yes. I'm happy I got it for $5 on the steam sale.
---
nt
#25Dark_SpiretPosted 7/14/2014 7:20:15 PM
taking price completely out of it i really dont care as long as its good. that said the longer the game goes on the less chance i will finish it. 8-15hours is the sweet spot for most games for me.
---
Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin - Sniper Elite III - Shovel Knight
#26supera187(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 12:05:21 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...
taking price completely out of it i really dont care as long as its good. that said the longer the game goes on the less chance i will finish it. 8-15hours is the sweet spot for most games for me.

This right here.