How can Sony match XB1 this holidays?

#11true_gamer80Posted 7/15/2014 8:00:03 AM
InfiniteHERO posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
InfiniteHERO posted...
So basically your saying people will pay $400 to basically play a remastered Halo 2? You can already play 1,3 and 4 on Xbox 360 so what again is going to get people to flock to this? I thought you bought a new system for new experiences and games?

scans around and sees the never ending amount of topics and post regarding ppl excited, waiting, wanting and asking which series or games they want redone on this very same board. In fact one of the most talked about games atm is a rerelease.....but wait at GF its only bad when its the competition......in fact its rather funny seeing anyone on this board post what I bolded when the new fad is simply rereleasing games....

you can say the exact same thing I bolded on this very board each and every day, so you have a busy day ahead of you, or you simply only pick and choose when to say this lol?

And you have the choice to buy or not. Personally if its a game I did not play last gen seeing I only have a PS4 now then I may consider it.So far I have not purchased any remasters not even last gen seeing I played the original releases most likely or never had interest to begin with.

Just saying its funny reading that on this board whn rereleases are all the rage
---
El-p- Accidents don't happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffZTr4_cdIk
#12Shinobi120Posted 7/15/2014 8:04:56 AM(edited)
LOL. If anything, it should be the other way around with, "How can Microsoft match PS4 this holiday?"

The MGC Collection of 4 old games isn't going to help them move a ton of Xbox One's. No re-relased games or remakes of old games are system sellers.
#13SheepinatorPosted 7/15/2014 8:04:36 AM
In the news today, MS is laying off Xbox marketing people at their European HQ, even before the system is released everywhere in Europe.

Personally I'll be enjoying multi-plats in their best versions.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#14SabramPosted 7/15/2014 8:17:33 AM
To be honest, Sony has already done something like the MCC, but it went largely un-remarked since it wasn't *gasp* Halo.

The God of War Saga was five games instead of four, had 2 remasters from PS2, 2 remasters from PSP, and one PS3 original game. So if anything more work went into it than is going into the MCC, which is only going to have one fresh HD remaster, being Halo 2. Halo 1 was already redone for 360, and Halo 3 and 4, from the way I interpreted the announcement, arent getting any touchups on them for the re-release.

The only difference between the two collections, is that one of them is a set of great games from a series that has been shown a lot of respect of the years for it's great gameplay and lovely visuals, and the other is Halo... which basically tries to sell on name alone these days.

While I'll admit Ascension wasn't the best in the GoW series, it also wasnt included in the Saga collection, so you can't hold that against the set. Whereas Halo 4, which a lot of people didnt like, including some diehard fans of the series, will make its (semi)triumphant return on Xbone.

Also, let's not forget that the MCC isn't worth it from the point of cost either. It would be cheaper to get all four halo games used off Amazon than buying the collection, and this is including the remastered version of Halo 1.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#15peephole303Posted 7/15/2014 8:21:42 AM
Sabram posted...
To be honest, Sony has already done something like the MCC, but it went largely un-remarked since it wasn't *gasp* Halo.

The God of War Saga was five games instead of four, had 2 remasters from PS2, 2 remasters from PSP, and one PS3 original game. So if anything more work went into it than is going into the MCC, which is only going to have one fresh HD remaster, being Halo 2. Halo 1 was already redone for 360, and Halo 3 and 4, from the way I interpreted the announcement, arent getting any touchups on them for the re-release.

The only difference between the two collections, is that one of them is a set of great games from a series that has been shown a lot of respect of the years for it's great gameplay and lovely visuals, and the other is Halo... which basically tries to sell on name alone these days.

While I'll admit Ascension wasn't the best in the GoW series, it also wasnt included in the Saga collection, so you can't hold that against the set. Whereas Halo 4, which a lot of people didnt like, including some diehard fans of the series, will make its (semi)triumphant return on Xbone.

Also, let's not forget that the MCC isn't worth it from the point of cost either. It would be cheaper to get all four halo games used off Amazon than buying the collection, and this is including the remastered version of Halo 1.

Actually the difference is the MCC is being marketed as a major XB1 exclusive.

The God of war Saga was not really marketed and took no room at E3. It was only annouced and released and had a bundle at onepoint because why not?
---
PSN ID: Peephole303/ Timezone PST
Before you attack my grammar I am a Dyslexic
#16pokemon_45_79_1Posted 7/15/2014 9:13:27 AM(edited)
You do know that Sony set itself up to be in a better position then MS for the Holidays so far from what we have seen.

And remember the big thing 3rd party games sell better on ps4 word or mouth has already made that happen so that gives the ps4 a huge advantage this holiday.

Also Destiny when does MCC Collection I thought it was September its got Destiny to deal with, as if it comes out later then its got COD to deal with, and yes THE MCC will not move hardware as it will cater to existing fans, who already own the console.

So tc I ask once again I think what can MS do to match Sony for the Holiday, also lets not forget Nintendo who is in 2nd place and putting up a real fight now.
---
Sora / Ryoma / Naruto / Netto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#17SabramPosted 7/15/2014 8:40:54 AM
peephole303 posted...
Sabram posted...

Actually the difference is the MCC is being marketed as a major XB1 exclusive.

The God of war Saga was not really marketed and took no room at E3. It was only annouced and released and had a bundle at onepoint because why not?

Exactly, the GoW Saga is how HD remaster collections should be handled. Announced, given some youtube commercial time, released (possibly with a bundle) and that's it. MS is REALLY banking on the Halo name to sell consoles for them, and I honestly don't think it will to a large degree. It will of course sell SOME consoles, but considering that even Mario Kart failed to give the Wii U a really substantial bump in sales, I think the MCC won't fair too well for the Xbone either.

A large exclusive sales bump to me is like a percentage of current sales. If your system already has a large install base, then a big exclusive will cause a larger bump. If your system has a smaller install base compared to it's competitor, then the bump in sales will be smaller. This is due to the hive mentality people (especially Americans) have towards products. They tend to only want what is the best, and a lot of people will see what sells the best as "the best" and then flock to it. Since gaming news is abound with "PS4 Outselling Xbox One" a quick Google is all you need for those people to see "Oh, the PS4 is selling more, must mean it's better" and then they go buy it.

Soooo, yeah. I expect a bump in sales for the Xbone, but unless some kind of miracle happens, it won't be a "system savior" like a bunch of Xbots are claiming it will be.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#18Neoreloaded313Posted 7/15/2014 8:52:54 AM
Since when has these remastered game collections sold consoles or been huge sellers?
#19BryanPS360Posted 7/15/2014 9:11:58 AM
MCC is probably what I'm looking forward to most this year, but be real.

It won't help MS close the gap.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#20Agent101cPosted 7/15/2014 9:13:05 AM
By continuing to perform as they have been.
---
My lazy cat:
http://postimg.org/image/ze87msosz/