how do you make the ps4 my main console

#1ashberghPosted 7/15/2014 7:42:35 AM
I have my ps3 as the main and need to switch it. How do I do this? Thanks in advance.
---
PSN is ashbergh
There never was a good war or a bad peace.
#2TullyBlanchardPosted 7/15/2014 7:43:23 AM
what the crap are you talking about, sir?
---
PSN and Nintendo Network ID: Dagatassy
#3iHandsomeDevilPosted 7/15/2014 7:45:02 AM
De-activate your PS3
---
I live on an escalator.
#4takidigits2005Posted 7/15/2014 7:46:24 AM
If you only have one PS4, then that is your main console. Having a PS3 shouldn't have any effect on your PS4. At least, it didn't for me, and I use my PSN account through both, unless I'm misunderstanding your issue.
---
"The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe." F.Z.
#5ashbergh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 9:11:55 AM
That's what I thought. I'm thinking someone is using my psn for some reason. When I try to activate it as my primary, I'm told I can't because another is active. I just don't know why someone would actively be using my psn.
---
PSN is ashbergh
#6wiseguy100Posted 7/15/2014 9:21:04 AM
Had you already had another PS4 that you activated? If yes then you forgot to deactivate before getting the newer one.
---
360 gamertag, PSN ID and Wii U - wiseguy100
#7Anodyne11Posted 7/15/2014 9:28:32 AM
takidigits2005 posted...
If you only have one PS4, then that is your main console. Having a PS3 shouldn't have any effect on your PS4. At least, it didn't for me, and I use my PSN account through both, unless I'm misunderstanding your issue.

No not entirely. It asks you if you want to activate it as your primary system when you first login on the system but you can say no and will then have to manually set it as primary.
But anyway, the only thing that would make sense is this is either your second PS4 or that someone has logged into your account on another system.

Did you have to send it back for repairs or anything? If so then that could be why.
And you didn't give someone access to your account to try and gameshare did you?

If neither of those you may need to go on to Sony's site and deactivate all systems. If you do this then also make sure to change your password before you do it as you can only do this once every few months (once every 6 months last I heard)
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG last gen!
Matt-Moores - Taking awesome to a whole new level. Enjoy the PS4!
#8ashbergh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 9:50:58 AM
Cool. I'll have to do that. Thanks.
---
PSN is ashbergh