Why is the Wii U outselling the PS4 in Japan?

#1skermacPosted 7/15/2014 8:40:33 AM
Japan is home turf, what's going on over there?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2AxleHeadXPosted 7/15/2014 8:42:18 AM
Yeah it's home turf for Wii U and PS4. PS4 has no games that appeal to the Japanese market right now.
#3gotohadesPosted 7/15/2014 8:44:05 AM
Japanese developers just aren't rallying around the PS4 like people would like. Atm they prefer working with the PS3, which is time tested and already known to them.
---
"To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly TWICE looks like carelessness."
3DS Friend Code: Micah 4682-8451-8168
#4GOSFreakPosted 7/15/2014 8:51:06 AM
Isn't Dragon Quest still on Nintendo Consoles as well? Maybe that is one reason. And Monster Hunter. Those two are some of the more popular games in Japan.
---
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_ http://dvdfone.dvdaf.com/owned
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,
#5BackAlleyNekoPosted 7/15/2014 9:00:40 AM
Wii U is more established right now. It's got a good lineup of games, but more importantly, it has more games that appeal to that market at this point in time. It's finally doing better because it has certainly taken some time to get that ball rolling.

The same will happen for Sony when more games that the Japanese market is interested in come out. Right now, devs are still doing things for PS3, the Vita has improved it's acceptance and software situation (in regards to the Japanese market), and in time the same will apply to the PS4.

I think in due time everything will be cool, the Wii U and the PS4 are both going to be fine. As an owner of both, I have to say that I am happy and excited for what is to come.
#6Lelouch71Posted 7/15/2014 9:05:59 AM
It's not selling better by that much. Both are in the gutter compared to the Vita and most definitely the 3DS. That aside the Wii U been out longer and is actually getting games that interest the Japanese.

It's like I keep on saying. Both the Wii U and PS4 will be brothers in arms for Japan. Instead of competing against each other they both will be struggling to survive in a nation that prefers smart phones and handhelds over consoles.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#7iHandsomeDevilPosted 7/15/2014 9:08:58 AM
The same reason the PS Vita isn't selling well outside of Japan.
---
I live on an escalator.
#8skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 9:10:37 AM
When they start making Japanese PS4 games I hope they export them to us. We never got Front Mission 5 and some others on the PS3 and we missed out on great games. The last Front Mission was garbage.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#9peephole303Posted 7/15/2014 9:11:16 AM
iHandsomeDevil posted...
The same reason the PS Vita isn't selling well outside of Japan.

This is the truest answer.

Ps4 has all the Western games
PSV has all the Japanesse games
---
PSN ID: Peephole303/ Timezone PST
Before you attack my grammar I am a Dyslexic
#10redeyes6778Posted 7/15/2014 9:13:10 AM
skermac posted...
When they start making Japanese PS4 games I hope they export them to us. We never got Front Mission 5 and some others on the PS3 and we missed out on great games. The last Front Mission was garbage.

Amen to that, too many japanese games never get released outside japan, and there are some gems in there