Dragon Age and Last of Us are the new Final Fantasy and Resident Evil

#51Maverick_ReznorPosted 8/4/2014 9:31:49 PM
symach posted...
Quote:Well when Last of Us 6 comes out, we'll see if Naughty Dog still has fresh ideas...
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!

@Christopher Belmont

The Last of us SHOULD have been Capcoms idea. Just played through it and it feels like an evolution of gameplay, story, and maturity that RE should have slipped into. Hell Capcom has been doing zombies since 1995 and ND walks right in as a newcomer and out does them.

no, resident evil shouldn't be anything like last of us. Resident evil should have transformed into what evil within is going to be.
---
Currently Playing : Divinity: Original Sin and The Last of Us Remastered
Looking Forward To: Destiny, Smash Bros, The Order 1886, and ScaleBound
#52Scarecrow1711Posted 8/4/2014 10:32:08 PM
symach posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
why would you put dragon age up so high?

the next one better be absolutely amazing

Lots of reasons, length would be one length in a way that doesent feel padded at all, character development and character interaction, fully customization weapons/armor/magic, a gripping story that does not get convoluted silly or confusing as you progress through the game, it has an incredible music score, and many of the choices you make will determine what characters live and which ones die and certainly change the outcome of the end of the game. Its also neat being able to start with so many different characters each of whom have about the first 10 hours of the game or so be different from all the others.

"a gripping story"

You mean the one where an ancient evil awakens....again?

"choices that matter"

Spoilers for the series: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/Secretsantaone/deadnotbigsuprise.jpg

This guy is the lead writer
---
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/317/d/e/Scarecrow_by_Radojavor.jpg
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/22/34/70/dark-creepy_00223470.jpg
#53Extreme_lightPosted 8/4/2014 10:36:22 PM
Dragon age... to FF? With FF still running?

symach posted...
Japan is really dropping the ball, western devs surpassing em in every genera. When are they going to get with the program and stop using decade old game design and B level voice actors and writers?

I don't understand this. FFXIII (say what you want) has Troy Baker ffs!
And every FF since X used a different game design. Go ahead, Try comparing FF9 all the way through FF14: ARR. Add in the spinoffs too.

Of course Toriyama sucks at writing. But he's just one guy.
---
Afraid I'm going to have to kick some asses. It's my Destiny
"The world we purport to know is ever changing, ending as we speak."
#54king_maddenPosted 8/4/2014 10:44:27 PM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/Secretsantaone/deadnotbigsuprise.jpg

I actually agree with him there. how he knows certain people will just stomp their feet and insist everything should happen the way they think it should is no pleasing them.

most games in stories with a choice usually pick one of those choices to be what the actual outcome was in the next game. like all fighting games for instance.
#55Homie_202Posted 8/4/2014 11:16:23 PM
Christopher Belmont posted...
Well when Last of Us 6 comes out, we'll see if Naughty Dog still has fresh ideas...

I think naughty dog is too smart to let that happen. They know they don't want to have franchise fatigue. They would come up with a new IP like they do a lot rather then keep making the same game. Capcom isn't that smart. They have released like 9 street fighter 4s. Capcom doesn't know what franchise fatigue means.
#56AvirosbPosted 8/4/2014 11:22:55 PM
UltimatesTruth posted...
lol at Final Fantasy fanboys hating on TC.
Just because Western RPGs don't have underage teenage girls NPCs and playable characters, it doesn't mean that they are awful, it just means that you're weird.
LOL assumptions
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#57Devilman_AmonPosted 8/5/2014 3:43:13 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles and the Evil Within are the new Final Fantasy and Resident Evil

fixed
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#58Devilman_AmonPosted 8/5/2014 3:46:29 AM
Extreme_light posted...

It's a combination of Toriyama, Nojima and Watanabe...they're all to blame.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#59Draconas_LyrrPosted 8/5/2014 4:12:42 AM
Extreme_light posted...
Dragon age... to FF? With FF still running?

symach posted...
Japan is really dropping the ball, western devs surpassing em in every genera. When are they going to get with the program and stop using decade old game design and B level voice actors and writers?

I don't understand this. FFXIII (say what you want) has Troy Baker ffs!
And every FF since X used a different game design. Go ahead, Try comparing FF9 all the way through FF14: ARR. Add in the spinoffs too.

Granted, there were a bunch more ways you could compare them, but Final Fantasy has always been a bit experimental as a series. 2 is quite different from 1, same for 3 from 2, 4 from 3, and so on. It's one of the reasons I've never understood why people have this concrete idea of what Final Fantasy should be. I've always enjoyed that each game is kind of its own thing, keeps the series from getting stale, especially since it's a series in name only, with a few Easter eggs thrown in for fan service. (Well, that and the overarching Crystal/Warriors of Light mythos.)
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean it's an intelligent opinion.
#60Bob the AlmightyPosted 8/5/2014 1:56:53 PM
For all the crap Dragon Age 2 gets it was far better than anything Final Fantasy related in the better part of a decade. DA 2 was just disappointing whereas FF last gen was just bad.

Everyone knows that DA 2 was rushed out the door (it was released less than a year and a half after Origins) and EA/Bioware isn't repeating that mistake. By the time DA 3 hits it would have been over three and a half years since DA 2. They are clearly taking their time with this one.

At any rate I agree with the TC. Games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect fill the void that Final Fantasy once filled for me and games like The Last of Us and Bioshock have replaced Resident Evil with their stories, atmosphere, and horror-elements.

It sucks that Japanese gaming went to crap over the last decade but I'd be lying if I said that Western games weren't picking up the slack.

Dragon Age and Mass Effect are better role-playing experiences than anything Square-Enjx has released since the PS1 and The Last of Us and Bioshock (especially the Bioshock Infinite "Burial at Sea" DLC packs) provide a much more satisfying horror experience than anything post-Resident Evil 4.
---
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.