Why does The Last of Us anger so many people?

#1TrueBlue91Posted 8/6/2014 4:54:16 AM
I know that the fanboys (not 'fans', the fanboys) in the other communities, namely Nintendo and Microsoft's, are always going to slander such a highly received game on a competitor's platform, but why does this specific game get so much hate from both sides? I mean, Halo or Uncharted or God of War or Gears or whatever gets a bit of hate from certain rabid fanboys, but The Last of Us in particular seems to really annoy fanboys on all sides, especially Nintendo fanboys who really seem to despise it (e.g. on the Wii U board it's constantly considered among the most overrated games ever)

I guess my question is why does this specific game rustle the feathers of so many non PlayStation gamers?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#2UltimatesTruthPosted 8/6/2014 4:55:29 AM
Because Ellie is cute.
---
i7 4770K | Asus Maximus VI Formula | G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | NZXT 750w
#3BorrisMcDPosted 8/6/2014 4:56:47 AM
Because it's cool to hate on popular things.
---
PSN/GT: BorrisMcD
#4billcablePosted 8/6/2014 4:57:41 AM
Envy.
---
Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
http://CreatureCantina.com
#5TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:57:55 AM
BorrisMcD posted...

It's not even that popular though, at least compared to many other highly rated games that don't get as much fanboy bashing
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#6RaikouenPosted 8/6/2014 4:58:21 AM
It's a big exclusive that is very popular.

That makes MS/Nint/PC Elitists hate the game as well as hipsters who are upset that their no name title didn't get 10/10 reviews and 20 topics on the first page.
#7UltimatesTruthPosted 8/6/2014 4:58:34 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
BorrisMcD posted...

It's not even that popular though, at least compared to many other highly rated games that don't get as much fanboy bashing

They are proto-hipsters.
---
i7 4770K | Asus Maximus VI Formula | G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | NZXT 750w
#8McDude_Posted 8/6/2014 4:59:09 AM
Cause people love to talk jive and take others down a peg or two.

Praising something so highly ends up sounding like a challenge to some.
#9TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 5:00:49 AM
McDude_ posted...
Cause people love to talk jive and take others down a peg or two.

Praising something so highly ends up sounding like a challenge to some.

I don't understand why some people can't just at least respect good games on other platforms. I hate Halo and just don't find it fun, but I still respect it as an excellent series and an asset to the Xbox brand.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#10BorrisMcDPosted 8/6/2014 5:01:37 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
BorrisMcD posted...

True but it might have something to do with review after review claiming it the best game ever made. All the haters from all the other games had to unite and be the coolest kids on gamefaqs for hating the "best game ever made."
---
PSN/GT: BorrisMcD