Just got a PS4, need a game

#1William_18Posted 8/21/2014 7:12:43 AM
Just looking for a good game to play and I only got $35.

I did get Surgeon Simulator and Octodad last night when I got home with the system but I am looking for 1 more game.

Here are the games I was thinking about:
-Killzone Shadow Fall (I have only played Mercenary on the Vita)
-Metal Gear Solid V GZ (I have the PS3 version and don't mind paying again.)
-Battlefield 4
---
PSN: Kaminari2 3DS: 1693-2622-1080
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#2William_18(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 7:26:05 AM
Bump
---
#3BurdicusPosted 8/21/2014 7:30:47 AM
If online FPS is your thing, I will recommend BF4 over Killzone: SF every single time. KZ's campaign suffers from serious pacing issues and poor level design. It's a beautiful, virtually bug free game, but it's not fun. It also has a very small online community compared to BF.

If you've never played the Tomb Raider reboot on PS3, highly recommend TR:DE on PS4. Excellent game that looks gorgeous and plays even better.

If you passed on The Last of Us last gen, I would also recommend that, if you can find it cheap enough.

Infamous is another solif game, but it is a little short, so I probably wouldn't recommend that for your only game.

Lastly, even though gamefaqs likes to hate on it, Watch Dogs is a very fun game that you may be able to find used for around $35. It's also very long with lots of content and a very cool, unique, online mode.
---
Current Replay: Guardian's Crusade
#4William_18(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 7:34:29 AM
Burdicus posted...
If online FPS is your thing, I will recommend BF4 over Killzone: SF every single time. KZ's campaign suffers from serious pacing issues and poor level design. It's a beautiful, virtually bug free game, but it's not fun. It also has a very small online community compared to BF.

If you've never played the Tomb Raider reboot on PS3, highly recommend TR:DE on PS4. Excellent game that looks gorgeous and plays even better.

If you passed on The Last of Us last gen, I would also recommend that, if you can find it cheap enough.

Infamous is another solif game, but it is a little short, so I probably wouldn't recommend that for your only game.

Lastly, even though gamefaqs likes to hate on it, Watch Dogs is a very fun game that you may be able to find used for around $35. It's also very long with lots of content and a very cool, unique, online mode.

I do have Tomb Raider on the PS3. Got it for $20 as a plus member.

As for TLoU I did get it on the PS3 but I just couldn't get into the characters or story. Once I got to Pittsburgh I pretty much just stopped caring.

Has DICE/EA pretty much fixed BF4? I heard that they did fix some of the netcode issues but if it's still pretty broken I might go for KillZone. .
---
#5BurdicusPosted 8/21/2014 7:41:57 AM
Yeah BF4 is pretty much fixed. I think their still might be occasionl issue with big team battle crashing once in a while, but it's nothing like at launch where playing online would delete our campaign progress.

I hate recommending BF4 since it had such a disgusting launch that I honestly beleive people should have gotten their money back... but overall it IS a good, and fun, game. KZ simply has no fun factors.
---
Current Replay: Guardian's Crusade
#6RaikouenPosted 8/21/2014 7:45:26 AM
Killzone is a skillful shooter, albiet "boring" compared to the competition.

Battlefield still has issues and lags the most, but is generally fine to play and offers some good diversity in itself (modes just for infantry, modes just for vehicles, modes for objective play, etc all exist).

CoD Ghosts can be obtained cheap and is also a good choice. Least lag out of them and offers serious and just for fun modes, but can also offer the most "bs deaths" of the three shooters.
---
PS3/PS4/PC gamer
*insert random PC stats nobody will ever read or care about*
#7prozac786Posted 8/21/2014 7:46:16 AM
Of the ones you mentioned, MGS GZ, by far. I would also check out Assassin's Creed IV.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#8The_Ivory_ManPosted 8/21/2014 7:46:21 AM
Don't buy Killzone.

I hated it.

From your list I would recommend Ground Zeroes.

Of the retail games I own Ground Zeroes and Infamous are really good.

Watch_Dogs is pretty mediocre but I still like it.

And I hate Killzone.

Of the indies Don't Starve is my favorite.

I would check indies out on your own though tastes differ wildly between people.
#9ComradeRyanPosted 8/21/2014 1:09:04 PM
I recommend purchasing Battlefield 4. 64 player Conquest is very enjoyable.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#10Legend053180Posted 8/21/2014 1:12:23 PM
Have you played AC4 Black Flag? Game is seriously awesome.