I'm upset with Sony

#1games_pot1Posted 8/21/2014 6:03:12 PM
I know many people won't care, but this is for the people that agree with me. I had PS1 games, PS2 games, and PS3 games. I owned a PS1, then a PS2, then a PS3, now a small PS3. What sucks is that PS4 has no backwards capabilities, which renders all my other games useless unless I keep a PS2, PS3, and PS4. I just want one, that is all.

I did see digital becoming big because of Steam so I started downloading my games off PSN. I've heard many times that the PS4 does not accept PS3 downloaded games. That is ridiculous especially when they are remastering Journey and Flower to put that back up for sale. Am I the only one that see's this as complete BS?

I am fully supporting the "Video Game Streaming" service Sony is trying to do (for no more then 9.99 a month) and hope it works. This no backwards capability just drives me nuts though especially for Downloads.
#2Nighthound101Posted 8/21/2014 6:10:24 PM
Kinda agree with you, but I mainly owned a lot of digital PS1 games and I can play them on my vita, I still have my PS2 and my PS3 is broke... I'm hoping when PS Now comes to the UK it'll have some good titles I missed on there.
#3DBN_StealthPosted 8/21/2014 6:12:14 PM
my PS3 is a fully BC model so I just kept it along with my collection of PS1-PS3 games. I guess you can use PS Now
#4Nighthound101Posted 8/21/2014 6:13:37 PM
DBN_Stealth posted...
my PS3 is a fully BC model so I just kept it along with my collection of PS1-PS3 games. I guess you can use PS Now

Ya my PS3 is the fat one too, it just gets the YLOD whenever it's on for more than 20 min x.x
#5PangLaPosted 8/21/2014 6:14:16 PM
Most of those small downloadable titles are cross-buy, meaning if you bought them on PS3, it'll be free when it comes out on PS4.
#6kobalobasileusPosted 8/21/2014 6:14:37 PM
The war on backward compatibility is being driven solely by game console manufacturers' feverish desire to sell people the same software multiple times, for full price.

Supporting PSNow is a huge mistake. It's egregiously gougey at worst, a perpetual rental service at best.
#7DBN_StealthPosted 8/21/2014 6:15:16 PM
Nighthound101 posted...
DBN_Stealth posted...

Ya my PS3 is the fat one too, it just gets the YLOD whenever it's on for more than 20 min x.x

mine suprisingly hasnt had any problems at all, it was the 80g MGS 4 bundle. I dont know how it lasted this long, Ive heard all the horror stories and I still get worried
#8Nighthound101Posted 8/21/2014 6:16:33 PM
DBN_Stealth posted...
Nighthound101 posted...
DBN_Stealth posted...

mine suprisingly hasnt had any problems at all, it was the 80g MGS 4 bundle. I dont know how it lasted this long, Ive heard all the horror stories and I still get worried

I can't complain much, I had it since launch, it served me well. *MGS3 Big Boss salute*
#9games_pot1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 6:23:09 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
The war on backward compatibility is being driven solely by game console manufacturers' feverish desire to sell people the same software multiple times, for full price.

Supporting PSNow is a huge mistake. It's egregiously gougey at worst, a perpetual rental service at best.

I don't mind. That's basically what Steam is, you never own the games you just have the license to play them. Same with Netflix, I do not need to own the games I just want to play them at will for an affordable price. When picturing their PSNow service, I am picturing Steam's setup just with a flat monthly fee.
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/21/2014 6:51:12 PM
kobalobasileus posted...

When a piece of hardware has different architecture, it has to emulate that particular architecture in order to run the software. The PS4 isn't powerful enough to emulate the PS3.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant