I'm upset with Sony

#41SabramPosted 8/23/2014 4:54:59 AM
considering the PS2 and PS3/4 don't share AV hookups to the TV, and the fact i have never seen a single TV with less than 2 HDMI inputs, i don't see the problem unless you lack shelf space.

If you do lack shelf space, then get a $30 mini-bookshelf from walmart or IKEA or something to stand next to your TV and don't put the cardboard back into it. Got enough room on one of them for 3 systems and a bunch of games, 1 per shelf.

I use a really small entertainment center with 4 small shelves on it. my PC sits to the left of my 32" TV, my PS3 is on the top shelf on the left, my PS4 will go on the top shelf on the right, and games for each system will go on each shelf underneath the respective system, in alphabetical order. my physical PC games (which i don't have many of anymore) are stacked to the left of the entertainment system beside the PC.

My 3DS and Vita sit on a small table beside my chair, with the games in two stacks beside it. Not many physical games on either system, but I'm always expanding my collection as well.

This is all in a room that also holds a bed and dresser, and another small bookshelf. The room is about 10"x15", not very large at all, but everything fits comfortably, and has room for two chairs for co-op gaming.

So what's your problem again? Unless you're just being whiny, there is not problem.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#42SetzeraPosted 8/23/2014 5:22:13 AM
Thermador446 posted...
I had the same 80GB model, 2011 seems average: smoking is terrible for consoles, but I never did, & it lasted about as long.
but honestly, sound's like you abused that PS3

I never meant to abuse it, I had never taken it apart to clean it because I didn't want to break something.

The smoking though, that was definitely my fault. I also lost a computer from it as well, but it was terrible and I have no regrets for the PC. The PS3 though, that was a sad day.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#43SabramPosted 8/23/2014 5:26:44 AM
Setzera posted...
Thermador446 posted...
I had the same 80GB model, 2011 seems average: smoking is terrible for consoles, but I never did, & it lasted about as long.

I never meant to abuse it, I had never taken it apart to clean it because I didn't want to break something.

The smoking though, that was definitely my fault. I also lost a computer from it as well, but it was terrible and I have no regrets for the PC. The PS3 though, that was a sad day.

Part of the reason I only smoke outside in the warm or temperate months, and use snus in the winter months.

Of course I do so because I'm old enough to do so (almost 30). Don't smoke kids!
---
#44SetzeraPosted 8/23/2014 5:47:44 AM
Sabram posted...
Setzera posted...
Thermador446 posted...

Part of the reason I only smoke outside in the warm or temperate months, and use snus in the winter months.

Of course I do so because I'm old enough to do so (almost 30). Don't smoke kids!

Yeah, I have a front porch for smoking in now, decided not to do it in the rest of the house anymore. Also almost 30, and I agree, if anyone can avoid starting to smoke, it's for the best.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#45SabramPosted 8/23/2014 6:13:09 AM
Setzera posted...
Sabram posted...
Setzera posted...
Thermador446 posted...

Yeah, I have a front porch for smoking in now, decided not to do it in the rest of the house anymore. Also almost 30, and I agree, if anyone can avoid starting to smoke, it's for the best.

I got told to start smoking by my doctor a few years ago. Since one of the reasons smoking is so addictive is that it helps stress relief, my stress levels back then were so high i was close to having a heart attack. There wasn't anything wrong with my diet, and my ability to exercise properly was limited due to an old back injury i got in the army. So he "unofficially" suggested I take up smoking lightly to help lower stress levels. It has helped a lot, and these days I only go out to have a smoke WHEN i'm feeling stressed, which might only happen once a week or so.

And of course, if I was going to do something like that, I was going to be classy. I smoke one of these.

http://images.monstermarketplace.com/pipe-tobacco-and-accessories/dr-grabow-omega-carved-800x532.jpg
---
#46SetzeraPosted 8/23/2014 8:50:44 AM
lol Nice, very classy.

Unfortunately, I smoke out of stress and habit, which is far too much. I'm just happy not to be doing it in the house anymore.
---
#47NewMoonShadowPosted 8/23/2014 8:53:09 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
The war on backward compatibility is being driven solely by game console manufacturers' feverish desire to sell people the same software multiple times, for full price.

Supporting PSNow is a huge mistake. It's egregiously gougey at worst, a perpetual rental service at best.

10 bucks a game is not "full price"
#48dj___rollPosted 8/23/2014 8:54:10 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
The war on backward compatibility is being driven solely by game console manufacturers' feverish desire to sell people the same software multiple times, for full price.

Supporting PSNow is a huge mistake. It's egregiously gougey at worst, a perpetual rental service at best.

How cute. You think you know how to spell and use big words properly...