Franchises that need to stop.

#1Stevo-PiratePosted 9/4/2014 9:10:31 AM
Anyone got a particular game series they wish would just end already?

My vote would easily be Assassins Creed.

When they started out the story was genuinely interesting and the world building was impressive, and the gameplay was unique, but since AC3 i think it's seriously lost its way.
As we know, Ubisoft are all about 'building franchises, not standalone games' now, so looks like AC will be a major player in this new generation, and will continue to be an annual release, which further fatigues the series.

Honourable Mentions:
CoD, Dead Island, Borderlands
---
PSN id: StevoPirate
#2ITIorpheusPosted 9/4/2014 9:15:46 AM
I don't agree.
---
PSN: itiorpheus
XBL: Brandonvenom
#3DirtyToenailsPosted 9/4/2014 9:17:23 AM
+1 for Dead Island and Borderlands. I'm not a fan of CoD but I'm cool with it being a thing.

The biggest one is obviously Final Fantasy. They've dumpstered any and all respect I have for them with some of the most putrid character designs and the most asinine stories since Doom: Repercussions of Evil.
#4NaturalCalamityPosted 9/4/2014 9:20:07 AM
why do you really care? if you don't want to play the game, don't play the game.
---
"I sit in front of my computer all day and comment on everything. I'm an expert on everything. Everything sucks. Play the next song!"
#5NCPwnPosted 9/4/2014 9:25:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6DirtyToenailsPosted 9/4/2014 9:25:45 AM
NaturalCalamity posted...
why do you really care? if you don't want to play the game, don't play the game.

Stop being a stick in the mud and just play along.
#7cymanxPosted 9/4/2014 9:26:01 AM
Arkham: Because Batman can't do the kinds of things that Batman is capable of doing in an Arkham game. It feels as though Batman is brooding over him not being as good as Ezio. When I play a Batman game, that is exactly what I expect, to be able to do the things that he is capable of doing without the developer being a douche and trying to control your actions.

Megaman: Now that the creator has quit Capcom, we have the potential to never see another Megaman for as long as we live. Megaman doing the same thing for... how many games? No thank you.

Final Fantasy: You saved Square by making Final Fantasy, now save it again by STOP making more Final Fantasy games. I don't think we could tolerate fifteen more iterations of Cloud and Lightning.

Devil May Cry: Devils may cry, but it is probably because of the dreadful nature of this franchise and how it's actually become worse.

The Last of Us: You've done a good job making a zombie game such a popular game naughty dog. Now cease in trying to make a sequal, it won't be the same and may actually suck.

Rogue-likes: This genre needs to stop existing, period. They are detracting away from indie developers creating real roleplaying games.
---
Yes, I just went there...
#8F-RottPosted 9/4/2014 9:26:58 AM
I just don't play games I'm sick of.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/FRott.png
http://steamcard.com/do/sigcard-original/f-rott.png http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/F%20Rott%2001.jpg
#9crazyman32Posted 9/4/2014 9:27:01 AM
None.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
[This signature was deleted at the request of PETA.]
#10NaturalCalamityPosted 9/4/2014 9:27:19 AM
DirtyToenails posted...
NaturalCalamity posted...

Stop being a stick in the mud and just play along.

why be a stick? i have no problem with any video game series. i play the ones i like and the ones i don't, well you figure it out.
---
"I sit in front of my computer all day and comment on everything. I'm an expert on everything. Everything sucks. Play the next song!"