The truth regarding Xbox 720/Xbox Infinity/Durango/NextBox/etc.

#1THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 5/19/2013 3:23:51 AM
Xbox 720 will not require "always online", will not block used games, and will be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games.

-The "always online" rumor was misunderstood, though fear of an intrusive DRM measure is valid. Microsoft's definition of "always online" means "always connected", i.e. social media and entertainment.

-Next, you will be able to play your Xbox 720 games new or used. However, it will be up to publishers and developers on whether they choose to block used games or not--ergo, blame publishers and developers if they block their games from being played used.

-Lastly, Xbox 720 will have an Xbox 360 SoC (System on a Chip) for backwards compatibility. This feature will upscale current gen games to next gen standards, and after installing them once Xbox 360 games will never need to be in the disc drive to play them on Xbox 720.

These are merely predictions, but they will have to be true in order for Microsoft to compete against Sony for install base. Brand alone won't win it for them next gen, and neither will it for Sony, but the hype for PlayStation 4 is ever-growing. And since the Adam Orth "always online" fiasco, many people have been considering switching over from Xbox to PlayStation next gen.

I want competition within the market among the Big 3. Already Nintendo has little hope to compete against Microsoft and Sony next gen because their console isn't doing well. I don't want Microsoft or Sony failing, otherwise we risk a monopoly and another video game crash of 1983.

The fall of gaming is upon us.
#2FoppePosted 5/19/2013 3:38:21 AM
>>The TRUTH!
>>list predictions

Oh GameFaqs, you silly filly.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3NSGraphitePosted 5/19/2013 4:08:59 AM
Armageddon will be upon us before there is another videogame crash. You youngsters talk about "another video game crash" like such a thing is even feasible. Videogames were new tech when the crash happened. Now, they are ingrained into our popular culture. We're as likely to have a videogame crash as we are to have a movie industry crash or music industry crash.

In other words, it ain't happening.
#4reincarnator07Posted 5/19/2013 5:03:43 AM
Many people on this board seem to confuse truth and fact with speculation and hope
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#5pyrokinesis666Posted 5/19/2013 8:46:37 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Xbox 720 will not require "always online", will not block used games, and will be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games.

-The "always online" rumor was misunderstood, though fear of an intrusive DRM measure is valid. Microsoft's definition of "always online" means "always connected", i.e. social media and entertainment.

-Next, you will be able to play your Xbox 720 games new or used. However, it will be up to publishers and developers on whether they choose to block used games or not--ergo, blame publishers and developers if they block their games from being played used.

-Lastly, Xbox 720 will have an Xbox 360 SoC (System on a Chip) for backwards compatibility. This feature will upscale current gen games to next gen standards, and after installing them once Xbox 360 games will never need to be in the disc drive to play them on Xbox 720.

These are merely predictions, but they will have to be true in order for Microsoft to compete against Sony for install base. Brand alone won't win it for them next gen, and neither will it for Sony, but the hype for PlayStation 4 is ever-growing. And since the Adam Orth "always online" fiasco, many people have been considering switching over from Xbox to PlayStation next gen.

I want competition within the market among the Big 3. Already Nintendo has little hope to compete against Microsoft and Sony next gen because their console isn't doing well. I don't want Microsoft or Sony failing, otherwise we risk a monopoly and another video game crash of 1983.

The fall of gaming is upon us.

your predictions for not always online and no used game block are very possible but

about bc, no way that will happen. do u realize how many people would go out and rent a bunch of 360 gms and install them and get a bunch of free games if the disc isnt needed to play 360 gms on the 720 once istalled
#6gogogodzillaPosted 5/19/2013 8:57:29 AM
NSGraphite posted...
Armageddon will be upon us before there is another videogame crash. You youngsters talk about "another video game crash" like such a thing is even feasible. Videogames were new tech when the crash happened. Now, they are ingrained into our popular culture. We're as likely to have a videogame crash as we are to have a movie industry crash or music industry crash.

In other words, it ain't happening.

And whoever thought the pay phone industry would crash, either?
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#7Road_Kill_666Posted 5/19/2013 9:27:57 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp,
I say this to you while trying to use my best Chornicles of Riddick impersonation,

" Couple things you could've did better. First, you made the post. Second, you came light, all predictions and no facts? F**king insulting. and third, and this is the more important one, Infinity will require the disc be in there because its the only way to stop people from downloading to their consoles drive every single Red Box game they can rent".

You will always need the disc unless you by it directly as a digital download.
#8THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 9:49:38 AM
This topic is a stealth brag thread meant to highly praise PlayStation 4, which will dominate the 8th generation of gaming.
#9Road_Kill_666Posted 5/19/2013 10:02:29 AM
Sony's Next Gen World Game Domination plans sounds more like the nerd in schools 9 year plan to ask out the hottest girl in school. With the PS3, Sony had the power and the exclusives and free on-line and Still couldn't outsell M$ for what, the first 5 or 6 years straight?

this year will be 50/50 even for the first 5 years or so. It will come down to which ip's can bring in huge Call of Duty style numbers. Sony has 2 sequels planned for The Last of Us, and that is some potent ammo so M$ better have some big plans aside from Destiny.
#10THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 12:02:38 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
Sony's Next Gen World Game Domination plans sounds more like the nerd in schools 9 year plan to ask out the hottest girl in school. With the PS3, Sony had the power and the exclusives and free on-line and Still couldn't outsell M$ for what, the first 5 or 6 years straight?

this year will be 50/50 even for the first 5 years or so. It will come down to which ip's can bring in huge Call of Duty style numbers. Sony has 2 sequels planned for The Last of Us, and that is some potent ammo so M$ better have some big plans aside from Destiny.

Microsoft will partner with EA to get Respawn Entertainment's Untitled FPS exclusively and will continue exclusivity with Activision for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Destiny will have PS4 exclusivity as stated at PlayStation Meeting.

Essentially, EA partners with Microsoft, Ubisoft partners with Sony, and Activision semi-partners with both of them.