This reveal is kinda pointless...

#1darealest47Posted 5/20/2013 6:58:29 PM
Before you fanboys jump on me like wild animals I just like to say that I'm excited for the 720 too but there's a couple of things that I'd like to point out.

1. This reveal is only one hour and it seems like more of a tease than a reveal. Most of what's in store will be unveiled for E3 so don't be overly excited for tomorrow or you will be dissapointed.

2. With Microsoft's history of copying or making very similar hardware the 720 will very likely be almost the same as the PS4 just like the 360 was like the PS3 and the original xbox was like the PS2. This isn't necessary a bad thing but at this point in time we shouldn't we overly excited for what the hardware will be like.

3. The main focus should be on what new IPs the 720 will have not just the hardware itself. Microsoft cannot play safe this time, they need to drop a nuclear bomb full of new innovative games coming E3. Relying on just a new halo and gears (half the gaming community called halo 4 and judgement "flops") will be the end of Microsoft. I believe they can really pull it off since they did had mechomancer and lost oddyssey back in the day.

4. Every single game that was ever made was created in a PC. So add Steam to the 720 and allow cross game play with pc gamers and this will be a huge trump card and a huge win for Microsoft. I believe this is another thing that Microsoft could easily do for the 720.

5. Read Number 3.

With that being said I hope Microsoft goes hard because the Xbox is desperately in need of new games. It's not suppose to be this glorified shooter console it's suppose to be an overall gaming machine just like Nintendo and Playstation. Upgraded hardware and updated graphics is a given but Microsoft really needs to pull it off with brand new IPs.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2RollnThunder213Posted 5/20/2013 7:22:43 PM
It's a reveal of the console and the console only for the most part. It's not meant to be a be all end all reveal.

Also how was the 360 "like" the PS3? It came out a year before...wouldn't you say the PS3 was like the 360? A lot of what the PS4 will be able to do such as the ability to stream and share clips/screenshots etc are part of the Xbox not because MS saw it and said "good idea" and ripped it off, it's because it's a feature a lot of people want. They may not have a dedicated button on the controller but it will probably be just as prominent.

Any dreams of allowing Steam on a MS console is just that.

Sure, I'd like new IPs and I bet we'll see a bunch. I know there are a handful of studios that we have no idea what they're doing so we have to wait and see with those (regardless of if they're launch games or not).

Ultimately MS may not have the number of exclusives Sony has, but I'd buy a console just for Halo (that's my opinion, don't like Halo then that's fine but they release quality yearly) and I feel MS cares more about creating a user interface that works well and is efficient whereas Sony just produces what they think is best and then doesn't support it with any amount of expediency. It's just a laxidaisical approach that I find awful and unprofessional. Provide me with a service I can enjoy myself in and not get frustrated every time I turn the console on and I'll pick it every time, regardless of exclusives.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3SakurafanboyPosted 5/20/2013 7:29:55 PM
E3's a mere 19 days away, they don't want to blow their load now and be a disappointment come E3. Yes, I know Sony showed some games, but this was back in February. A lot can change in those months, but not much can or will change in 19 days. So its a whole different situation. I do think they'll hint at what 3rd parties will show up, but like with some of Sony's, their games won't be confirmed (Ex: like Square Enix at Sony's meeting). So it'll still be a very nice appetizer if nothing else. Besides it will do some definite good like knowing the specs, settling the name debate, etc. so it will still be a good conference if you ask me.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#4teehee23Posted 5/20/2013 7:38:15 PM
darealest47 posted...

With that being said I hope Microsoft goes hard because the Xbox is desperately in need of new games. It's not suppose to be this glorified shooter console it's suppose to be an overall gaming machine just like Nintendo and Playstation. Upgraded hardware and updated graphics is a given but Microsoft really needs to pull it off with brand new IPs.

We disagree to the maximum and if you were educated on the subject you would see how many great new IP's Microsoft has published on XBLA.

Joyride Turbo (as good as any mario kart)
Mark of the Ninja (excellent stealth game)
Orcs Must Die! (brilliant action-strategy game)
The Gunslinger (Kinect game and fun, fun, fun)
Alan Wake: American Nightmare (great)
Fusion Genesis (strategy-scifi shooter from ex-Rare devs and one of the best games EVER of its kind)

Just because they're not on a disk doesn't mean they aren't great games.
---
"The Wii U is crap."-Bob Summerwill (2013)
#5darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 7:38:42 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
It's a reveal of the console and the console only for the most part. It's not meant to be a be all end all reveal.

Also how was the 360 "like" the PS3? It came out a year before...wouldn't you say the PS3 was like the 360? A lot of what the PS4 will be able to do such as the ability to stream and share clips/screenshots etc are part of the Xbox not because MS saw it and said "good idea" and ripped it off, it's because it's a feature a lot of people want. They may not have a dedicated button on the controller but it will probably be just as prominent.

Any dreams of allowing Steam on a MS console is just that.

Sure, I'd like new IPs and I bet we'll see a bunch. I know there are a handful of studios that we have no idea what they're doing so we have to wait and see with those (regardless of if they're launch games or not).

Ultimately MS may not have the number of exclusives Sony has, but I'd buy a console just for Halo (that's my opinion, don't like Halo then that's fine but they release quality yearly) and I feel MS cares more about creating a user interface that works well and is efficient whereas Sony just produces what they think is best and then doesn't support it with any amount of expediency. It's just a laxidaisical approach that I find awful and unprofessional. Provide me with a service I can enjoy myself in and not get frustrated every time I turn the console on and I'll pick it every time, regardless of exclusives.

You're entitled to your opinion. I myself believe the games are way more important than the actual service but it's your opinion. I did bought the original xbox for halo combat evolved and absolutely loved it. I also loved halo 2 but those days are over with and I'm personally not buying the 720 if halo is the only thing going for it. In the end of the day Mircosoft needs new games.
---
#6darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 7:45:17 PM
teehee23 posted...
darealest47 posted...

We disagree to the maximum and if you were educated on the subject you would see how many great new IP's Microsoft has published on XBLA.

Joyride Turbo (as good as any mario kart)
Mark of the Ninja (excellent stealth game)
Orcs Must Die! (brilliant action-strategy game)
The Gunslinger (Kinect game and fun, fun, fun)
Alan Wake: American Nightmare (great)
Fusion Genesis (strategy-scifi shooter from ex-Rare devs and one of the best games EVER of its kind)
Just because they're not on a disk doesn't mean they aren't great games.

None of those games you mention is going to make the average customer run down to buy a new xbox. By the way I seen your topics and you portray yourself with a very fanboyish bias for xbox. With that being said I won't take your fanboy posts seriously.
---
#7Team_NinjaPosted 5/20/2013 8:21:10 PM
If you're gonna let these reveals, PS3/Xbox, determine whether you will get the system or not..........................then you're stupid. Let the finished product speak for itself. PS4 didn't reveal much, and Xbox isn't going to either. PS4 told us there's going to be a cpu, gpu, memory, and big fat hdd.................wow!!! Very revealing. Like I said in another thread, I could have guessed that myself. Thanks for telling us nothing PS4!
#8rwfan2cPosted 5/20/2013 8:26:20 PM
None of those games you mention is going to make the average customer run down to buy a new xbox. By the way I seen your topics and you portray yourself with a very fanboyish bias for xbox. With that being said I won't take your fanboy posts seriously.

No i think what TeeHee is doing is best described as Double Trolling... or something..

My theory.

He Dislikes the Xbox and the fanbase, so he portrays this persona of being the worst kind of fanboy you could ever imagine and then taking it even further. Basicly he is trolling fanboys by being an over the top fanboy.

Or maybe im giving him too much credit and he's just an idiot.
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Bastion, Tera, Far Cry 3
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
#9deathwave21Posted 5/20/2013 8:48:06 PM
Halo 5 and 6 confirmed to be launch titles.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#10teehee23Posted 5/20/2013 9:03:22 PM
darealest47 posted...

.... None of those games you mention is going to make the average customer run down to buy a new xbox. By the way I seen your topics and you portray yourself with a very fanboyish bias for xbox. With that being said I won't take your fanboy posts seriously.

Microsoft already has general support.
Those games I listed all scored 8 and higher from the major sites.
Not every game has to be a megaton or another mario kart and some gamers like myself enjoy variety.

*hugs Microsoft and promises them more later*
---
"The Wii U is crap."-Bob Summerwill (2013)