Will I have to upgrade my TV for the next gen systems?

#1SUBAROOzzPosted 1/24/2013 11:42:01 AM
I currently have a 32' Samsung LED TV. 1080p, 120hz, 3D enabled. Looks great (I don't really like anything bigger than 32' for gaming).

Will the next gen of systems be so powerful that I will have to buy a new TV to take advantage of its capabilities?
#2harrisonosirrahPosted 1/24/2013 1:20:41 PM
I really doubt it. Some say the next gen will be 4K compatible for when it becomes affordable for consumers. But that will be years so I don't think Microsoft (or Sony) would waste money on a feature that would go virtually unused.
#3MRL3G3NDPosted 1/24/2013 2:59:57 PM
A resounding hell no!

4k won't even be relevant for the next 4-5 years at the very least...

People haven't fully adapted to HD yet, and 3D is still an infant...hell not everybody has broadband yet across the US...

Blu ray is just beginning to hit it's stride

4k is a dream right now...if it is released soon their will be no content for it anyway...you'd be stupid to base the next gen on technology that is irrelevant at this point and will be for the next couple of years
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#4GalcianPosted 1/24/2013 6:22:20 PM
No you already have an hd tv. Now those without HDs probably will as the standard will most likely move from composite to HDMI
---
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/5/56/Versus_logo.jpg
A new era
#5solidpricemmoPosted 1/27/2013 4:01:58 PM
a lot of people don't even KNOW what 4k is yet.

so no.
#6knightimexPosted 2/2/2013 10:17:30 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
A resounding hell no!

4k won't even be relevant for the next 4-5 years at the very least...

People haven't fully adapted to HD yet, and 3D is still an infant...hell not everybody has broadband yet across the US...

Blu ray is just beginning to hit it's stride

4k is a dream right now...if it is released soon their will be no content for it anyway...you'd be stupid to base the next gen on technology that is irrelevant at this point and will be for the next couple of years

^ This
---
Old School Games FTW!
#7Kyosuke_Nanbu07Posted 2/3/2013 3:06:01 AM
No, I don't think so. Last rumor I heard, they will use 1080p natively for their games.
Your 32" full hd 3D led tv still fine for xbox 720.
I suggest you better to wait for oled tv for a lot better experience than 4k tv.