How much would you pay for BC?

#11HughJorgenn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 6:36:47 PM
gameG3ni3 posted...
Man this thing is going to look like a Genesis. Sega CD leeching off of it, getting sucked dry by the 32x, and looking like a mess. No wonder it's being called the 720...that's how many things you gotta hook up to it for it to be useable. I mean they are even thinking about having your cable run through it??? Guess they wanna pause commercials when your Kinect sees you leaving the room.

I wonder how many people are gonna buy the 100$ version and get sucked into a two year deal with a cable company, isp, and live??? What a rip...if the used games rumors are true, stick a fork in this thing.

So do not run your cable through the console.
#12josh924Posted 4/14/2013 8:06:16 PM
gameG3ni3 posted...
Man this thing is going to look like a Genesis. Sega CD leeching off of it, getting sucked dry by the 32x, and looking like a mess.

Do you remember when the 32x could be used on its own? Neither do I. If the rumors are anything to go by, the Xbox Mini will be something that can be used on its own, unlike the 32x.

I mean they are even thinking about having your cable run through it??? Guess they wanna pause commercials when your Kinect sees you leaving the room.

Assuming the rumors are true, it sounds like having cable TV on the Xbox Mini will be a feature, not a requirement. Also, there's no concrete evidence that commercials will pause when you leave the room. As you most likely know, there are patents that are held, but never implemented. For example, Sony has a patent for technology that can block used games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-patents-tech-to-block-used-games-6401992

I wonder how many people are gonna buy the 100$ version and get sucked into a two year deal with a cable company, isp, and live??? What a rip...if the used games rumors are true, stick a fork in this thing.

What makes you think the Xbox Mini will come with a contract? The only rumor like that that I've heard is for the cheaper model of the next-gen Xbox; I've read nothing like it for the Xbox Mini. Of course, that's assuming that there's even any plans for an Xbox Mini.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#13DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 4/15/2013 4:58:34 AM
SazukeEX posted...
I'm not paying for BC.

Waste of cash as I still have the current systems from years ago.

Same. It's not like having multiple systems hooked up to a TV with multiple inputs is really a hardship.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#14GiglioroninomPosted 4/15/2013 7:58:20 AM
Solnot posted...
about $3.50

You gotta be a god damn lochness monster.
---
Soundcloud.com/fiscaljackhammer
Steam ID: xGIGLIORONINOM
#15OmegaBladesPosted 4/15/2013 1:40:17 PM
About $99 or less for every spare xbox 360 I want to get when the 720 gets released.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#16deathwave21Posted 4/15/2013 7:43:34 PM
I would not pay more than $349.99 for a BC console, and it would have to include a game, and also not require a subscription for online.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? If so, contact the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota USMC Recruiting Office
#17ILikesCheesePosted 4/16/2013 4:03:31 AM
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
Same. It's not like having multiple systems hooked up to a TV with multiple inputs is really a hardship.

Yes, but having a dozen consoles underneath your TV or in a receiver cabinet gets to be a bit much at some point. Especially when they are more the size of the 360/PS3 instead of the Wii/PS2 Slim.

If the 360 or PS2 were not BC, there would be some games that would be lost to time for me, like CTR, Xenogears, FF8, Phantom Dust...much like the games from the N64 are for me now. However, if the 360 mini is truly a "mini", plunking down $100 for a previous gen console isn't a bank or space breaker.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#18FayeLadyPosted 4/16/2013 5:31:35 AM
mokmuud posted...
FayeLady posted...
For 360 BC in particular? About 100 dollars. Its the exception because I enjoy enough 360 games to return to them over and over again. On the other hand, I'd have gladly paid 100 dollars less for a Wii or Wii U with no BC on launch.

Why

Because I don't expect to return to many Wii or GC games, and the GB player means my gamecube needs to be hooked up anyway.

The games on the 360, on the other hand, are not only games I would play again, they are games i'd love the option to play on more reliable hardware.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#19MRL3G3NDPosted 4/16/2013 5:36:15 AM
nothing...there is no game that I would like to keep playing from this gen
this gen was horrible.

I would miss my party games for a while: nba2k13, scene it 1 &2, rockband

but im sure they will be glad to sell us an updated version
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#20shinstochinsPosted 4/16/2013 12:42:40 PM
so your asking how much money would i bend over for?
---
Jag har haft over 300 gamefaq anvandarnamn