Negative reaction to rumors is a GOOD thing.

#1AlphrinPosted 4/13/2013 5:02:20 PM
Why do people keep saying "The rumors aren't confirmed, stop jumping to conclusions!"?

No one is jumping to conclusions. People are simply being vocal about the fact that IF the rumors are true, they will not buy Microsoft's next system. This is a GOOD thing, because it will hopefully dissuade Microsoft from trying to implement the idea in the possible event that they actually are planning to implement the idea.

If the rumors are completely false and Microsoft has no plans whatsoever to the implement an always-online requirement? Then everything will still be just fine, because people can just go ahead and buy the next X-box. It's not like people are signing an agreement to never buy the next Xbox no matter what, they are just making it known that they do not support always online.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#2thedeerzordPosted 4/13/2013 6:42:37 PM
true true bro.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#3teehee23Posted 4/14/2013 9:25:01 PM
Interesting theory, all the negative reception regarding always online could be the reason Microsoft delayed the announcement of the new console by a month (30 days).
It's possiboo that NextBox was going to be always online but so much haters on the internets screaming and crying and needing tissues so Microsoft changed NextBox to not always online and therefore guaranteeing NextXbox wins.

This is great.
Really, really great!
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#4randomweirdoPosted 4/19/2013 11:09:26 AM
Alphrin posted...
No one is jumping to conclusions. People are simply being vocal about the fact that IF the rumors are true, they will not buy Microsoft's next system.

Did you miss all the "I'm not buying the nextbox because of [insert unconfirmed rumor here]!!!" posts?
#5NSGraphitePosted 4/19/2013 4:58:12 PM
All of those "Im not buying the nextbox because..." around here are predicated on the rumors of always online and/or no BC and/or blocking used games.

If those turn out to be unfounded, all of the "I won't buy..." will be null and void and thus, nextbox purchases abound...
#6strukeljPosted 4/19/2013 8:46:53 PM
and ironically all the people getting mad will come out in full force saying see i told ya so! and we'll never know if the complainers actually helped in persuading microsoft to dump the idea. ive been pretty vocal about it, and u know what? ive never even owned an xbox! lol im getting a ps4 for sure and thought MAYBE id get a 720, but i was just complaining about the rumor on principle. no one should be screwed for something that isnt neccesary by big business. and it almost saddens me to see all the sheeple defend MS, or simply saying the good ol "well it wouldnt affect me so who cares" comment. of course no one can predict IF it were true and IF it would affect them. no one is immune to technical issues and they come from many sources
#7strukeljPosted 4/19/2013 8:50:05 PM
randomweirdo posted...
Alphrin posted...
No one is jumping to conclusions. People are simply being vocal about the fact that IF the rumors are true, they will not buy Microsoft's next system.

Did you miss all the "I'm not buying the nextbox because of [insert unconfirmed rumor here]!!!" posts?

u kinda repeated what he said and i dont think anyone actually made a concrete decision NOT to by the system, but like the previous post said, if ms said that it is NOT true, theyd turn around and buy the console and both sides are happy
#8regsantotomasPosted 4/19/2013 10:12:57 PM
There is a vast difference between opening up a dialog about potential features and their positive or adverse effects - and what is more often the case, people flying off the handle on unsubstantiated data proclaiming doom or victory (for their console of choice).

Dialog can be fruitful. Internet lamentation is much less so.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#995_EclipsePosted 4/22/2013 4:02:47 PM
Alphrin posted...
Why do people keep saying "The rumors aren't confirmed, stop jumping to conclusions!"?

No one is jumping to conclusions. People are simply being vocal about the fact that IF the rumors are true, they will not buy Microsoft's next system. This is a GOOD thing, because it will hopefully dissuade Microsoft from trying to implement the idea in the possible event that they actually are planning to implement the idea.

If the rumors are completely false and Microsoft has no plans whatsoever to the implement an always-online requirement? Then everything will still be just fine, because people can just go ahead and buy the next X-box. It's not like people are signing an agreement to never buy the next Xbox no matter what, they are just making it known that they do not support always online.

Stop right there criminal scum! You have violated the law! No one is going to use logic on gamefaqs! Turn over your stolen goods and pay the fine, or serve your sentence!
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg