Ortho being fire for that tweet means 1 of 2 things

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 4/14/2013 1:14:32 PM
Either he lied and the next isn't online all the time and ms was mad that he lied to everyone.

2, the always online is true and ms was pissed that he told about it.
#2earthmaster3Posted 4/14/2013 1:17:49 PM
Or there's a streaming box peripheral that will require internet, and he was fired for the way he treated consumers in an extremely public environment
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch
#3reincarnator07Posted 4/14/2013 3:40:32 PM
So the 2 possibilities are either truth or lie? I wasn't aware there were supposed other possibilities.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#4CapnStankyPosted 4/14/2013 5:11:40 PM
Or it simply means Microsoft didnt want someone that wasnt paid to speak for them to speak for them, or to insult consumers living in places that he offended.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#5josh924Posted 4/14/2013 7:17:24 PM
Who's Ortho? Did you mean Adam Orth? Also, why would it have to be either of those possibilities? Do you really think its not possible that he got fired for being completely unprofessional?
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#6ChaiNeesePosted 4/14/2013 9:52:21 PM
CapnStanky posted...
Or it simply means Microsoft didnt want someone that wasnt paid to speak for them to speak for them, or to insult consumers living in places that he offended.

Why are you saying this now? In the other thread about this you contradicted me on saying that he was antagonizing consumers on the grounds that he was just "having a public conversation" and that "only an idiot" would think otherwise. Did you suddenly have a change of heart or are you also an idiot now?
---
"(\__/)
(='.'=) " L2BAN
#7JWhiskeyPosted 4/15/2013 7:21:26 AM(edited)
Or perhaps the leaked documents are to be believed, and the "always on, always connected" that refer to a never off power state that does updates via the internet even when the console is "off" are true, and he was trying to slyly comment on that but instead caused a huge PR debacle that caused a lot of grief for his superiors, which led to him resigning?

/inb4runonsentence
---
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
The ubertoss -> http://youtu.be/LlREAFP5Dns
#8CapnStankyPosted 4/15/2013 10:47:25 AM
ChaiNeese posted...
CapnStanky posted...

Why are you saying this now? In the other thread about this you contradicted me on saying that he was antagonizing consumers on the grounds that he was just "having a public conversation" and that "only an idiot" would think otherwise. Did you suddenly have a change of heart or are you also an idiot now?

What I said here and what I said then do not contradict one another.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#9mjc0961Posted 4/15/2013 4:01:24 PM
Or 3, he was an ass and Microsoft didn't want him representing them regardless of whether or not the rumors are true.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#10Ryan-06Posted 4/15/2013 4:13:27 PM
Ortho boretho should just die. No one likes him.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
tinyurl.com/bm97ztn, http://i.minus.com/ipHqzgSb9E2MY.gif