if i wanted "always online" games, i would use the OnLive streaming service

#1eaglekid85vaPosted 4/21/2013 2:26:39 AM
instead of buying the next Xbox.

i can already use OnLive on my computer, phone & tablet. and if i wanted a TV specific device to use OnLive with, i'd buy an Ouya for $99(US).

but i'm not into "always online" games, so i hope the next Xbox doesn't do that.
---
"If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave." - Gerald R. Ford
#2ChrisZombieXPosted 4/21/2013 8:55:22 AM
Ok
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.9
#3rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/21/2013 10:27:31 AM
Not sure you really fully grasp what "always online" will mean, and how it's not even remotely the same as OnLive.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#4reincarnator07Posted 4/21/2013 11:48:03 AM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Not sure you really fully grasp what "always online" will mean, and how it's not even remotely the same as OnLive.

You and I both know he is referring to the online only rumours. The drawbacks are pretty similar too.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#5rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/21/2013 12:07:12 PM
reincarnator07 posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...

You and I both know he is referring to the online only rumours. The drawbacks are pretty similar too.

I haven't heard "online only" rumors.

"Always on" doesn't require constant streaming. OnLive does. They aren't the same.
---
#6eaglekid85va(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 1:10:04 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
"Always on" doesn't require constant streaming. OnLive does. They aren't the same.

but if i'm playing a game that requires "always online", i might as well be streaming. there is not much point in physical media if i can't use it offline.
---
"If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave." - Gerald R. Ford
#7rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/21/2013 2:01:02 PM
eaglekid85va posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...

but if i'm playing a game that requires "always online", i might as well be streaming. there is not much point in physical media if i can't use it offline.

I still don't think you know how this stuff works.

Seriously, unless you live in the exact center of Wyoming, "always on" just should not be an issue. Like, I think most of us in the civilized world have come to the realization that "always on" is just easier. I can't even remember the last time my 360 wasn't online. Oh wait, I can. Never.
---
#8eaglekid85va(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 4:11:14 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Like, I think most of us in the civilized world have come to the realization that "always on" is just easier.

easier for what exactly?
---
#9eaglekid85va(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 4:29:51 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Seriously, unless you live in the exact center of Wyoming, "always on" just should not be an issue.

it doesn't matter how strong my internet connection is, it's the principle of the issue. i don't want my single player & local multiplayer gaming to be dependent on an internet connection.

also i have something called empathy. i want every gamer to be able to play the latest games, regardless if they have strong internet, weak internet or no internet at all.
---
#10patrick005Posted 4/21/2013 6:13:44 PM
eaglekid85va posted...
it doesn't matter how strong my internet connection is, it's the principle of the issue. i don't want my single player & local multiplayer gaming to be dependent on an internet connection.

Here's a solution... DON'T believe the rumors about the next xbox being Always On, and instead believe the rumors about the next xbox actually not requiring an internet connection just to play games. Save yourself the stress.
---
Opinions can be changed. Beliefs however, not so much.
- http://albert5.com