Next Xbox grabs a huge exclusive

#21_Izanagi_Posted 4/29/2013 11:45:40 PM
Also, TC, the console wars are over. Money$oft is Old Yeller, and Sony and Nintendo are about to give it a bullet to the head. Bang bang. After Money$oft failed so hard with the 360, I doubt anybody with sense will buy the 720. Fable was terrible, Halo was lackluster, Forza was meh, Gears of War was lame, and Kinect caused more suicides than the Great Depression. Money$oft's gonna pay for that, now.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#22dsar901Posted 4/30/2013 1:50:56 AM
It's not really a huge exclusive. It's another shooting game, i own an xbox 360 ofcoarse, but I barely feel interested in this game. i wish it was an RPG, hack n' slash or some open world game with a unique gamelay or setting. This excluisve is really just more of the same, this year. Destiny, COD, Battlefield, This game. Plus whatever other multiplayer shooting games are made this year. How many shooting games do people need?
#23dsar901Posted 4/30/2013 1:53:30 AM
teehee23 posted...
Great news for 720, R.I.P ps4.

This can't be serious?
#24hak145Posted 4/30/2013 1:56:10 AM
timed exclusive
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#25NSGraphitePosted 4/30/2013 3:04:26 AM
A mech game? Anyone remember the last time one of these was done well and had decent numbers outside of Japan?

Done well? Any Armored Core game. Pick one, they are all pretty much good. Even the one's that sucked are light-years ahead of every other mech game in existence except for ZOE2.

As far as doing decent numbers outside Japan. Couldn't tell ya. Americans aren't obsessed with mecha like the Japanese are. Those kinds of games will ALWAYS do better in Japan.
#26teehee23Posted 4/30/2013 3:17:51 PM
dsar901 posted...
teehee23 posted...

This can't be serious?

Why do you think sony dumped ps3 several years ahead of planned?
Same will happen with ps4.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#27grampamurkedPosted 4/30/2013 3:35:07 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
Yeah this is hardly a "huge" exclusive. You apparently really really love shooters OP, but this isn't really that big a deal at this time. Will it become more popular as we find out more about it and see actual screens and video of it? Maybe. Until then however it is nothing more then yet another shooter from a new developer. Hardly something to get that excited over.

Shooters are the big sellers. They contain the most longevity and a die hard player base. cod and bf sales alone probably dwarf everything else.
---
New user...long time lurker.
#28chrcolPosted 5/1/2013 4:47:29 PM
and who isnt surprised?

xbox720 succeed the 360 to be the FPS player paradise.
#29dj___rollPosted 5/1/2013 5:52:30 PM
Quote:For those that don't know, Respawn are the guys that were behind Call of Duty originally.

From Kotaku:

The long-awaited first game from Respawn Entertainment—the studio helmed by the creators of Call of Duty—will be exclusive to the next-gen Xbox, according to two unrelated sources familiar with the game. One of our sources indicates that there will also be an Xbox 360 version, but no versions for rival PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.

Oh, you didn't think the console wars were over, did you?

The new game from Respawn is a futuristic multiplayer-centric online shooter, one of our sources says. The source describes the game as a battle of Davids and Goliaths. The Davids are heavily-armed foot soldiers. The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons—Titans—that these soldiers can pilot. These Titans are big mech-style walkers that move with an agility not seen in games like Mechwarrior or Steel Battalions.

While the details of the game came to us from one source—a source who is in a good position to know what the deal is with Respawn's game—their assertion that the game is destined only for Microsoft console hardware was consistent with information another source gave us earlier this month. That other source had also told us that Respawn's game would only be for the Xbox brand. It is possible that the game could be a timed exclusive, but neither source indicated that was the case.

An Xbox-only Respawn game would be a coup for Microsoft and a fascinating twist to a number of significant sagas. It has implications for publisher EA's rivalry with Call of Duty publisher Activision; for Microsoft's competition with Sony and, less directly with Nintendo; as well as for the ongoing debate about always-online gaming. Two sources have told us that this new game is, in fact, always-online.

@CapnStanky

I don't think the XBox needs yet another shooter exclusive. They already have 2. And yay, online centric... As if Brink and Unreal did so well.

They need to get some action adventure games. That's a genre they're severely lacking exclusives in.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#30tyrant6Posted 5/1/2013 6:51:57 PM
teehee23 posted...
dsar901 posted...
teehee23 posted...

This can't be serious?

Why do you think sony dumped ps3 several years ahead of planned?
Same will happen with ps4.

Who said they're dumping it.Last I checked most of the launch titles for PS4 are coming to PS3 too.Before you knock Sony for this the same can be said for 720/360 as well.

Lest we also forget the PS2 finally stopped getting games a year and a half ago.

Sony unlike MS and Nintendo have never dumped a system of any form.The PS1 continued for 3 years into the PS2 era.Heck Sony launched and marketed the PSOne redesign at the same time.I already mentioned how long the PS2 lasted but again just as the PS3 launched Sony pushed the PS2 slim,the top loader,heavily.As for the PSP we still see games trickle out digitally today.This is even after the Vitas release and retail abandoning it.

Nintendo did not give up on the NES but they did very fast transitions on the SNES to N64,N64 to GameCube,GameCube to Wii,and Wii to WiiU.The handhelds however are a different story new games came out well into the successors life with the exception of Virtual Boy

As for Microsoft I'm seriously surprised you even used this as an argument on a Microsoft board.No system has ever been dropped as quickly as the original Xbox was when it's successor came out.I'm not saying the original Xbox sucked,far from it,just everything just stopped when the 360 came out
---
Gaming since 1984