Kotaku Rumor: Microsoft 6 months behind in game production for Durango

#11zender1999Posted 4/30/2013 10:10:54 AM
not good, on top of all the other rumors regarding the new xbox, this thing will fail badly
#12CapnStankyPosted 4/30/2013 10:32:30 AM
Terry-bogard posted...
CapnStanky posted...
Sony's also rumored to be behind. The difference being that Microsoft has franchises people actually want. Sony's got...lol...Killzone and inFamous. The big difference here though is that both Sony and Microsoft have tons of big name third party titles to mask any issues they have with their own releases, and then on top of that they can throw money at exclusives. Nintendo launched with garbage for both first and third party support and then for the next half a year followed it up with more and more garbage.

I think you gravely underestimate how popular killzone and Infamous are.

Yeah, they're so popular that the 2nd iteration of each on the PS3 sold significantly fewer copies than the first despite the install base being much larger. Tell me again how popular they are.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#13saleamaPosted 4/30/2013 1:35:42 PM
If game development is behind six months, they should wait six months to release the console. Ask Nintendo what releasing a console and then not having games for it does to sales. That or they better hope like heck that the third party devs are on time with their releases. I would much rather wait and save more money to buy later, than to buy a system that has no games. Its why there is no WiiU sitting on my entertainment center.
#14RedEyeSurprisePosted 4/30/2013 10:41:21 PM
Heh.... as someone who's owned both an Xbox360 and a PS3 for years I still don't know what the hell anyone even plays on Xbox besides Halo, or Gears---- that isn't also available on PS3 or PC.

I don't know... I came into this current gen rooting for Xbox, and Nintendo while having proceeded to dump on Sony at every opportunity....

.... but when you fast forward to 2013, I find myself irritated every time I look up at my dusty old 360 knowing full well that I could have comfortably passed on it entirely, and just stuck with the PS3.
#15FoppePosted 4/30/2013 10:51:27 PM
Heh.... as someone who's owned both an Xbox360 and a PS3 for years I still don't know what the hell anyone even plays on Playstation besides GT, or R&C---- that isn't also available on Xbox 360 or PC.

I don't know... I came into this current gen rooting for Playstation, and Nintendo while having proceeded to dump on Microsoft at every opportunity....

.... but when you fast forward to 2013, I find myself irritated every time I look up at my dusty old PS3 knowing full well that I could have comfortably passed on it entirely, and just stuck with the Xbox 360.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#16dsar901Posted 5/1/2013 1:34:34 AM
They can always just spend $50 million dollars getting COD or GTA dlc to be exclusives for a couple of months, maybe a year, xbox gamers never seem to mind, do they? It's not like microsoft gamers even know what it's like to have incredible exclusives games that aren't called Halo or Gears of War, so they probably won't miss what they never had.
#17dj___rollPosted 5/1/2013 7:45:57 AM
Quote:Sony's also rumored to be behind. The difference being that Microsoft has franchises people actually want. Sony's got...lol...Killzone and inFamous. The big difference here though is that both Sony and Microsoft have tons of big name third party titles to mask any issues they have with their own releases, and then on top of that they can throw money at exclusives. Nintendo launched with garbage for both first and third party support and then for the next half a year followed it up with more and more garbage.
@CapnStanky

Lol reassurance.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#18dj___rollPosted 5/1/2013 7:50:42 AM
Quote:They can always just spend $50 million dollars getting COD or GTA dlc to be exclusives for a couple of months, maybe a year, xbox gamers never seem to mind, do they? It's not like microsoft gamers even know what it's like to have incredible exclusives games that aren't called Halo or Gears of War, so they probably won't miss what they never had.
@dsar901

The 360 has its share. What you prefer is your opinion. Lots of people liked Alan Wake, Banjo kazooie, Halo wars, Forza, etc. Just like lots of people like gran turismo, little big planet, infamous, etc.

I prefer the exclusives on the PS3 myself, but I'm not stupid enough to think the 360 has nothing good.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#19ElfenYouLiedPosted 5/1/2013 8:25:00 AM
RedEyeSurprise posted...
Heh.... as someone who's owned both an Xbox360 and a PS3 for years I still don't know what the hell anyone even plays on Xbox besides Halo, or Gears---- that isn't also available on PS3 or PC.

Well it's not like theres many games to play on that thing :P
#20SheshaPosted 5/1/2013 10:38:28 AM
How can two companies who have been planning for this for 5 years be behind?
Can someone explain that?
---
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.