Kotaku Rumor: Microsoft 6 months behind in game production for Durango

#21tyrant6Posted 5/1/2013 10:16:41 AM
Shesha posted...
How can two companies who have been planning for this for 5 years be behind?
Can someone explain that?

I have heard of Sony being behind at all.With Knack,Killzone,Infamous,and Drive Club are launch window games.We have also heard rumors of a second game,besides Killzone,from Guerilla Games.Also consider that most likely The Last Guardian has probably moved to PS4 and we don't know what Naughty Dog's Uncharted team,different dev from The Last of Us,has been up to.I think Sony is ready

As for Microsoft being behind,they have 4 main in house studios.Two of which,Lionhead and Rare,have spent the last number of years focusing on Kinect.So I'm not sure the staffing would be quite ready for making serious games.The other 2 I'll handle individually.343 just released Halo 4 so I don't think they'd have anything ready.Although Halo 2 Anniversary,if it is happening,wouldn't take too long to put together.Finally Turn 10 has been free to develope and out of everything Microsoft has I expect a new Forza to be shown in May.

Last consider Microsofts other major series,Gears,is done by a third party.A third party might I add that has been drooling over how well their new engine,Unreal 4,runs on PS4
---
Gaming since 1984
#22SheshaPosted 5/1/2013 2:27:38 PM
tyrant6 posted...
Shesha posted...

I have heard of Sony being behind at all.With Knack,Killzone,Infamous,and Drive Club are launch window games.We have also heard rumors of a second game,besides Killzone,from Guerilla Games.Also consider that most likely The Last Guardian has probably moved to PS4 and we don't know what Naughty Dog's Uncharted team,different dev from The Last of Us,has been up to.I think Sony is ready

As for Microsoft being behind,they have 4 main in house studios.Two of which,Lionhead and Rare,have spent the last number of years focusing on Kinect.So I'm not sure the staffing would be quite ready for making serious games.The other 2 I'll handle individually.343 just released Halo 4 so I don't think they'd have anything ready.Although Halo 2 Anniversary,if it is happening,wouldn't take too long to put together.Finally Turn 10 has been free to develope and out of everything Microsoft has I expect a new Forza to be shown in May.

Last consider Microsofts other major series,Gears,is done by a third party.A third party might I add that has been drooling over how well their new engine,Unreal 4,runs on PS4

MS should have seen this coming though. Development on these games should have started 18 months ago.
---
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
#23EnclavePosted 5/1/2013 3:22:12 PM
Shesha posted...

It's actually not difficult. Unforeseen issues crop up, change in focus, change in hardware specs causing a delay. Really any number of potential issues. Console launches are not easy.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#24SheshaPosted 5/1/2013 4:06:51 PM
Enclave posted...
Shesha posted...

It's actually not difficult. Unforeseen issues crop up, change in focus, change in hardware specs causing a delay. Really any number of potential issues. Console launches are not easy.

It just crazy to me that process didn't start years ago, to avoid these kind of issues.
---
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
#25RetroFanGirlPosted 5/2/2013 1:57:23 PM
They'll just rush it like the 360 and owners can suffer through hardware failures for the first 3 years.
---
Hi.
#26SakurafanboyPosted 5/2/2013 3:47:36 PM
NSGraphite posted...
I think you gravely underestimate how popular killzone and Infamous are.

While simultaneously forgetting completely about Uncharted.

And God of War (even though Ascension is a piece of **** and that's coming from a huge God of War fan.)
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#27Shamrock99Posted 5/2/2013 9:13:18 PM
Everyone check out CapnStanky going full on damage control
---
http://tinyurl.com/c4sed7y | http://tinyurl.com/b59xwvj | http://tinyurl.com/a5heha2
http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat